21

Leaving them was hard. There was no goodbye kiss with Luke. It was a drop off at the airport and I was gone. They left to do their life and I did mine. Every little show was absolutely astonishing. Sitting with a big group of people just singing and talking was so much fun. We'd meet in a park and just talk and hang out for hours. I didn't care about the crowd that it would bring it was all about just having a good time.

The biggest questions I would get during conversations was how exactly I ended up breaking my arm and then the obvious questions about the band. I always answered the questions. I ending up leaving it up to the people who came to if they wanted the songs with or without guitar. At one of the gatherings a fan even brought their own guitar and played the tunes. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life. All the worrying and nerves as worth it. I don't know why I had been so scared.

One of the hardest days was when a question about Luke was brought up. A girl pulled out her phone and showed me a photo of Luke with a girl. It felt like my heart had dropped to the pit of my stomach. It wasn't just a casual photo of him with a girl. It was a photo very much of him in a relationship with another girl. Which didn't make sense because I was his girl. "Who is that?"

"Wait you don't know who that is?" Everyone was confused that I didn't know who the girl with Luke was. I was his best friend how didn't I know. I wanted to blurt out I didn't know because I was his girl but I couldn't. I shook my head staring at the photo holding back every emotion that flowed through me. "Her name is Arzaylea." I nodded my head.

"Didn't know he was seeing anyone. I guess that's what happens when you go off and do your own things. Sometimes you forget to share key details about your day. Like the fact that you are macking off on a girl." I knew that jealousy ran through every word that left my mouth but sometimes I couldn't hold back. I tried to push out the news the rest of the gathering but I couldn't seem to get it off my mind.

"You okay Emery?" I kept getting asked throughout the hours that we all sat hanging out.

"I'm fine." I pushed smiles through every answer. The gathering finally came to a close and I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I went to my hotel and let everything go. I wasn't one to touch anything in a hotel room. I didn't want to make work for people but I completely destroyed my hotel room. It got to the point where my security guard actually knocked on my door to check on me. I told him not to worry and stopped after he was scared for everyone's existence in the world. I ended up calling Calum that night.

"Cal." I said through the tears that had started to fall since the moment I pushed call. He instantly questioned everything that he heard. "He's with another girl." I heard shuffling on Calum's end of the line. He was clearly around others and left them to talk to me on the phone.

"Emery, none of us even knew either. He's been gone a lot lately but we just found out as well when she posted photos of them today. He's been acting weird we just assumed you two were being weird. I don't know but we had no clue. He's been off doing his own thing since you left really."

"Looks like somethings been going on way longer than a few weeks Calum." He sighed.

"I promise you Emzy none of us knew." He was sincere he wasn't hiding things. I knew him long enough to know when he was lying and he wasn't. It wasn't like Luke to do this stuff. I didn't know what it was all about but it hurt. I didn't know how to feel. I felt so numb because I just felt all of the emotions.

"So much for 'call me whenever you need me' right? Because I'm shoving my tongue and dick in another girl. Don't text me like you fucking love me then bang another chick. It's a fucking joke." Calum didn't know what to say. "Now I have to act like I don't know anything because I can't go calling him out over the damn phone. You know I'm not one to do that."