2

I was Emery Blake. I was short and petite. My style mocked that of my friends. My hair was normally worn half up and half down, on rare occasions you'd find it fully down. It was thick and heavy, it became quite a bother if it was fully down. My eyes ranged in color depending on my outfit and the lighting. Most people saw them as a hazel but sometimes they'd simmer in a sea greenish blue. I tried to always look polished and put together. Sometimes I needed my off days full of sweats or gym clothes. We all have the relaxing days.

My best friend, the guy I had been crushing on since middle school, his name was Luke, Luke Hemmings. His hair was a blonde, sandy blonde. His hair was either quiffed or laid flat it was always at the perfect length for both to look impeccable. His shoulders were broad. His height was an accomplishment. He seemed to tower over everyone. He was just everything I wanted but couldn't have.

My formal date, Luke's best friend, his name was Calum, Calum Hood. His skin was a darker shade than the rest of the group. He looked tanned at all times and didn't have to try. His hair was dark, almost black. It was thick and on the longer side. He was toned to quite perfection he was the perfect mix of muscle and tone. He's was like a big puppy dog. Any girl would be lucky to have him, I just didn't want him.

Luke's girlfriend, her name was Olive, Olive Raken. Her hair matched his in color. Every word that comes to mind to describe her is negative. Not because she was an awful person but because I was jealous. She was what every guy wanted, which made since why Luke had her. The perfect skin, the perfect hair, the perfect body, she had it all. I would say she had the popular preppy girl look but she was far from that. I was just all bitter when it came to talking about her.

The last member of our five man and woman crew was Michael, Michael Clifford. He was like a big teddy bear. He had the most pure smile of anyone I had ever met. His smile literally lit up at room. His hair was a blonde color, fringe beyond compare. He was one of a kind for sure. He was also very musically talented. He just meshed so well with the group. He came about through Calum, he was friends with him for a few years before asking if he could join. He just fit so well.

As a group we were judged for posting videos to the internet. We were judged for following our passions. We would never stop what we loved due to some people being jerks. We never knew what would come after only a few months of uploading videos. Something just happened, we kind of just exploded to say the least. We never expected anything to come from us filming silly videos in Luke's house. As things began to grow quickly we added member number six to the group.

His name was Ashton, Ashton Irwin. He was older than all of us. His hair was dark blonde or light brown depending on the eye. His eyes were like mine, we matched in the eye department. His were more on the brown side than mine though. He wasn't the most perfect looking person, none of us were. None of us had perfect skin, besides Olive of course. We all had our faults, it just made us all vibe so much more.

As Ashton joined the group it seemed as though I didn't fit into the music anymore. It's not that Ashton pushed me out it just wasn't my place to be anymore. I still had jam sessions with them but I slowly found myself in less and less videos until I no longer was seen in any. The music they play, it just fit the four boys so perfectly, it was more them than me. I was comforted and consoled as if I had left the 'band' that had been formed. It wasn't like that though. It was my choice to leave and I wanted to do it as tasteful as possible.

It was a few months after life pretty much exploded and we all found ourselves not involved in public school. We had moved on to home schooling or dropped out. It depended on the person. I stayed with Luke and Olive in the home schooling. Everyone else dropped out. School was never their thing in the first place. Leaving the group I didn't know where I was headed I needed a second option, the same thing with Olive. We didn't know where our life was headed.