33

"Em." He smiled running his hand through my hair that was fully down, a very rare occasion. He tucked a strand behind my ear placing a kiss upon my lips. I sighed as his lips left mine.

"Sorry for the mess." His room was a complete disaster. The blankets were all over the floor. He had clothes thrown around every inch of the room. He was messy but it wasn't this type of messy and it confused me. I pushed further into the room taking in the mess even more.

"Classy Luke." I said grabbing the blanket from the floor throwing it onto the bed sitting down on the edge. "What took you so long? You're not really one to sleep in."

"What do you mean?"

"It took four knocks for me to actually get you to come to the door." He shrugged off the comment.

"I've missed you." I rolled my eyes and pulled my legs up to me as he stood there looking for shorts to throw on. I pointed across the room to a pair that was sitting in the corner. He walked over picking them up and putting them on. "What do you want to do today?" I shook my head.

"I don't want to do anything. I planned on showing up sleeping with you for a few hours and then doing something but instead I sat talking with Calum and Ashton for an hour if not more while you ignored me. Now it's too late to sleep and I have no energy to do anything." He sighed.

"You're mad at me."

"If it were me I would have had an alarm set to make sure I was up for you. I wouldn't have went out and got fucked up the night before." I shrugged.

"But you aren't me." My eyes scanned the destroyed room when something caught my eye. I got up instantly and walked over to it.

"Emery." My hand reached for what had caught my eye. I grabbed a piece of clothing and lifted up what my eye had caught and looked at Luke. "It's not."

"So classy." I dropped what I held in my hand and left Luke's room. He tried to stop me but I blocked out everything he was trying to do and say. I went straight back to Ashton's room and sat in silence. They were talking about their plans for the day and I ignored every piece of it. I sat there so blankly. Calum and Ashton were my support system. Normally they would have questioned but they didn't. It was if they had already known. "Cal?" I said quietly interrupting their conversation. "Can I go be alone in your room please? I want to take a nap. I'm not feeling very well."

He instantly got up and let me in his room. "If you need anything Emzy." I nodded my head curling up under his sheets. I stared at the wall until my eyes couldn't handle their heaviness anymore. I fell asleep in the comfort of the sheets. I was woken up by the return of Calum. He and Ashton went out for an adventure, meaning a hike. He was covered in sweat. I didn't actually wake up when he returned, it was more the sound of the shower that woke me. I laid staring at the photo of Luke and I that was the lock screen on my phone while I waited for Calum to finish. "Sorry if I woke you Emz." Calum said stepping around the corner without a shirt on.

I set my phone down looking up at him. "You're fine. I needed to get up anyways."

"Feeling better?" I shrugged, because I didn't. My heart still hurt but there wasn't anything I could do about what I had seen. "You want to actually talk about what's really going on?" I shook my head. He joined me on the bed pulling me into his side. After a few minutes I spoke.

"Was she pretty?" Calum looked down at me confused. "The girl." I stared at the tv that was turned off.

"What girl?" I was quiet for a moment. It was like my body couldn't say what it wanted to.

"The girl he slept with, was she pretty?" I bit the inside of my cheek trying not to cry.

"Luke hasn't brought a girl back what are you talking about?"