30

"I meant before then you jerk."

"Avoiding you at all cost." I joked with him earning another glare. "I wanted to explore the city a bit but we both woke up late and we don't have time to do that. We have to do sound check and then you guys have to do your meet and greet and then its show time."

"Are we performing our song tonight?" I looked at him not really knowing if we were going to or not. "I mean we all talked about it last night and think it's time to start playing it Emery. We are really just waiting on you to be ready." His hand was entangled in my hair as his fingers gently twirled stands around.

"I'm ready Luke." I sat up a little bit causing Luke's hand to lose my hair and his head to shift lower on my body. I slipped a headphone into my ear and played the song in my head humming quietly along to it. Luke caught on and began to hum along with me. It brought a small smile across my face. "What if I fuck up our song though?"

"You realize we fuck up every night. No one cares, a lot of people actually think it's cute. If you fuck up we are all up there with you and we will fuck up along with you. Stop acting like you don't go up on stage and perform your pretty little heart out absolutely killing it." I blushed slightly watching his head slowly raise with each breath I let in and out. "You know this song like the back of your hand Em you got this."

"I know I do it's still scary doing something new." I sighed. "I know I'll kill it though because I'll be up on stage with the four of you again. But instead of talking we should really get up and get started with our day Luke. If we are going to do this we need to practice. I want to practice it a lot because I want to make sure I'm ready."

"You don't need practice." He kissed me before letting me leave the bunk. "But whatever makes you happy." He crawled out behind me.

We got ready for the day and began to practice alone first. He played the guitar and we ran through the song a few times. There was no way I could forget the lyrics to our song up on that stage tonight. After practicing I went off on my own singing the song in my head. It was catchy, as much as I hated hearing my own voice, this one definitely got stuck in my head.

I played my set and it went off without a mistake. I watched the guys set waiting for my que to join them on stage. I held onto my mic nervously awaiting the moment. I rubbed my hands against it, nervousness was running through my veins. I couldn't control it. I tried to pay attention to the words leaving the guys mouths but I couldn't focus on anything.

"Tonight were going to try something a bit different." Calum spoke. I took a deep breath. "There is a song that Luke has named the C and R song." He nodded his head. "It's actually a fan favorite. We wanted to try it out tonight."

"I wonder why it's called the C and R song Calum." Ashton spoke now such sarcasm spread through his words.

"I wonder too Ashton." Calum spoke again. "Maybe it has to do with the person we're missing on the stage right now. Who thinks we should have this person join us?" Calum looked towards the crowd. I heard screams. "Michael what do you think?"

"Can this crowd handle 5 people on this stage tonight? What do you think Luke?"

"If they can't handle it, they better learn to." He looked back in my direction. "Welcome Emery back to the stage." I ran out and over to him.

"Hello again." I waved speaking into the mic. He wrapped his arm around me for a second causing me to smile. "Thanks for letting me join you guys tonight for this special crowd." I scanned the crowd with my eyes.

"We do what we have to." Calum joked and I gave him the finger with a smile on my face.

"Since we've got you out here tonight would you like to explain the story behind this song Emery?" Michael looked over at me.