23

It took time for me to completely put everything in the past. Everything would take time. There was no way I could trust him right away. Every second I had this thought in the back of mind that he was talking with someone else. It was overwhelming but I knew one day the feeling would go away. Going back to Australia was hard. It meant that I was leaving him alone in LA again that started the hell that caused the distrust.

America just wasn't my home. As much as the band were my home, being there never felt like home. I liked my home, with my parents, in the country I grew up in. I didn't know how the guys spent most of their life away from the place they grew up in. But I guess they didn't really have the choice that I did.

To clear things up Luke and I weren't in a relationship. You could say that we weren't in a relationship before but we practically were. We just never got to say the words but we were. This time there was a clear line. We were friends that loved each other, that were in love with each other, that wanted each other but we didn't do relationship things. I couldn't take that next step until I trusted him. That meant that he did have full range to see who he pleased, but if he did start seeing someone I was out. I made that clear to him.

"How have you been Emery?" I sat across from a person who knew me all too well. A person who knew the ups and downs of Luke's relationship and my ins and outs of the music industry.

"Things have been getting better. I'm not going to lie to you, I had a bit of a hard time at the end of my little tour. The whole thing was a bit of disaster to be honest. I mean the little gatherings were absolutely incredible but there was a lot behind the scenes that just got to me. I almost didn't even do them. I had a mental breakdown with the guys, 5sos that is for any listeners who don't know. I was going to do it all alone and I knew that just couldn't happen. They set me up with a security guy who was a life saver. Then I broke my arm which was incredible you know. A cast for weeks was so much fun." I said the last sentence in the most sarcastic tone I could.

"How exactly did that end up happening? Clear it up for anyone who hasn't heard the full story." I explained the whole story in the shortest amount of time that I could. "You weren't even going to get things checked?"

"Luke forced me into going. There was tons of photos taken by pap of it. Like Luke Hemmings takes girl to hospital. Like no screw you. Luke takes his best friend to the hospital because his band mate tried to get her to go on a hike. Either way I got my way out of ever going on a hike again. I think I scarred Ashton with that one." The interviewer laugh at my comment.

"Bringing it back to Luke last time you were here we asked if you and Luke were an item, since then he has been seen with another girl."

"That is correct. There is a lot of stuff that has to do with that as well. It links closely with the end of my tour. If you don't mind I'd rather not talk about it though please."

"So you two haven't been an item since we last spoke?" I cleared my throat.

"Always one to push the button aren't you." I smiled. "One doesn't kiss and tell." I said in a joking tone. "Kidding, kidding." I smiled. "What happens behind closed doors with the band and I is our thing we don't really like to talk about that stuff in the public eye. It's our personal lives things we would like to keep to ourselves. Just like Calum and I, we didn't tell people because it wasn't their place to know. What we do with our lives we can choose to share or not? Life is about experimenting and doing what makes you happy."

"You did admit to us that you were in love with Luke."

"I will always love him. He has been my best friend my whole life. He's my other half there is no other words to describe it really. When someone is in your life that long they are like family, you love family. Just like I love the rest of the band. They are the greatest things to ever enter my life and I am forever grateful to have them. But again personal life kept private for the most part. I promise the moment either one of us gets in a relationship and is willing to share the information we will talk."