18

I smiled almost immediately. I didn't reply. I didn't even open the text. I just read it on my lock screen. After hanging out in my room for a bit resting I joined my mum in our back yard for planning. It was about dinner time when I did so. I hated that the guys and I were going to be off doing our separate things within the coming months. They didn't have tour, they had planning for the new album and little interviews but it definitely was all about focusing on themselves for the upcoming months. It wasn't like that for me.

"Emery, you've been planning this for weeks you can't go and change your mind because you want to spend time with your friends. It's either you do something and keep your mind to it or don't do it at all. You knew their schedule and you still decided to plan things like this."

"Mum I know what I did alright. It's going to happen I'm just saying that it sucks." I knew what she was going to bring up next. She was going to bring up Luke and I and everything that's gone on between us. I just took it with a grain of salt. I didn't care what she had to say about my relationship with someone, it was my life. She pushed me to follow my heart always and she had supported Luke and me up until today so I didn't know why something had changed. "Just because Luke and I slept together mum doesn't mean you should treat him and I any different. It's not like it was the first time and you know it. So I don't know why you are making a big deal of me wanting to spend more time with them."

"Because you left the music industry because of them. Now you try and do something back in it and they stop and now you don't want to be a part of it anymore. You have to make up your mind. We both have put so much time and planning into all of this Emery."

"It's happening!" I got up. "I'm done with this conversation. I'm going to shower and then I'm going for a walk."

"You mean you're going to Luke's." I walked off not replying to her. I still wanted to have the little gatherings I just wanted to push them back a month so I could spend time with my best friends but she wasn't having it. She got her way and it was that simple. I just wanted to remove myself from the situation before we both regretted saying something to each other.

I showered trying to get the rest of the cake out of my hair. I stepped out of the shower with my phone going off on the counter. I wrapped myself in a towel and answered the FaceTime call that was coming through. "Luke Hemmings what do you need?" I set my phone against the wall as I dried myself off with another towel.

"Oh hello there. Am I interrupting something?"

"Yeah you are. It's called my drying off time. You've fucked it all up." I said wiping my face off with the towel.

"Something wrong?" Even though he knew I was joking he could tell something else was going on. I shrugged him off not really answering his question. "Alright well my mum said if you want you and your mum could join us for dinner since your dad's out of town and she knows your mum hates cooking for just the two of you."

"I mean we just got into a fight and I was trying to get away from her but I'll ask once I'm not naked." A small smirk came across his face. "I'd slap your pretty little face for that smirk I hope you know that."

"That's alright, as long as it didn't ruin this pretty little face." He cupped his face with his hands. "Is that what's wrong though?" I shrugged again not really answering his question which earned a sigh from him. "Just get your cute little butt over here please?" I nodded and reached for my phone to end the FaceTime. "Goodbye Miss Emmy."

"Goodbye Mister Luke." I ended the FaceTime and set my phone down on the counter and got ready. I quickly dried my hair to a damp status and threw up half in a bun, the due you see all girls doing. I threw on light makeup and dug through my closet for something to wear. I ended up in some jean shorts and a random oversize band t-shirt that was probably one of the guys at some point.