Chp.5 Meeting The Capo: Polpo

-AUTHOR POV-

As we left off, Giorna as told Bruno that she had a dream, and the dream was to beat Bruno's boss and take over his spot to stop the drug dealing and child abuse in the city...Bruno agreed with her, but to do that and in order to be one of Bruno's side, Giorna has to do a mission for the boss to tell her, and if she does pass, she'll be one of the passione group familia....but what Bruno can tell Giorna about the boss, the top boss of the passione, is that no one knows his true name nor how he looks like, not even met him once in their life time...

Bruno: Giorna, the capo who will decide your future in the familia, is a man name Polpo.

They soon arrive in a huge building...

Bruno: Alright, here we are. Go on then, he resides here in this very building.

But what Giorna didn't know is that the capo name Polpo doesn't live in just an ordinary building....

Giorna: But...this...this is a prison.

Bruno: That's right. Polpo was convicted and sentenced 15 years of prison. But he still manages to give out orders and reach out for the familia, and he does it all with those walks behind. He can leave his confinement whenever he desires strikes him, but chooses not to, he simply no need.

Bruno: Perché?

Bruno: You'll find your answer inside. Listen Giorna, in a matter of minutes, he'll conduct your interview. It's very crucial for yo to pass it, it's no ordinary interview, it's very different. His mods will dictate his content...and remember....he cannot find out about your dream.

Giorna: ...I understand.

But before Giorna heads in to meet with Polpo, she then says to Bruno...

Giorna: Before I forget, you mention our powers being called stands right? I'd never asked, how did you acquire yours? And so others have it too?

Bruno: Once again, your answer inside waiting for you, if you pass.

Giorna: I see...okay then.

And so, Giorna heads inside the prison building, as she yet enters as one officers asked her to place anything she has on her pockets, and so she did, the female officer checked on her to make sure, she was clear to meet Polpo, but...she only has 15 minutes for his visit, but what she didn't know is that once she goes in to meet Polpo, they'll have to shut a door behind her, and have their conversation while still locked up in a glass window...surely this made Giorna more curious about Polpo...so Giorna goes in a room and the doors were shut as Giorna's 15 minutes started...soon, she walks over to a glass window, and can see inside a huge room, a bed, a mini fridge, toilet, a table and some fruits...suddenly, she then heard a voice...

???: It's injured, isn't it? Your left arm.

Giorna: H-Huh?! Who the-

Suddenly, the bed started to move, and yet the bed started to grow arms?! And yet...the bed started to turn into a huge person...and this person...is none other than the mafioso capo, Polpo...

Giorna Mind: Wh-What the hell!?! I-I thought that was a bed!?! S-So this

Giorna Mind: Wh-What the hell!?! I-I thought that was a bed!?! S-So this...huge guy...is Polpo!?

Polpo: I spy a yet distinct red marking in the fingers of your right hand, it signifies that you were gripping something, I say your markings are left behind by a bag and based on the fact, you've been carrying it exclusively in your right hand, now why would that be?

Giorna: Well, first of all your right. I was carrying my bag with my right hand. Also, I did injured my left arm earlier.

Polpo: *scoffs* I envy your youthful body young lady, and reckless spirit.

Polpo reaches to his mini fridge for a bottl of wine and some crackers...

Polpo: By the by, do you drink wine, by the looks of it, you seem old enough to drink. This Chianti Classico is motto buono and with paired with some crackers, scamorza and the right amount caviar, it's so perfection.

Giorna: Sorry, I'm not allowed to give you nor bring anything to you, and also not accepting anything from you.

Polpo: Pah. That's just a silly formality. What people say when watched and what people do when when no one else is around are two entirely different things. There lies the beauty and ugliness of this fickle thing we call it humanity.

Giorna Mind: Polpo...he's living like a king. But that is not the reason he's being stay put in there. It wouldn't matter if he left or stayed, and let's be honest, with that carcass he's probably safer in there, but the thing I wanna know is how the fuck were the guards able to fit him in right through the door.

Polpo: Bucciarati has told me all about you, young lady. Now let's commence with the interview.

Suddenly, while finishing up eating the crackers, Giorna notice Polpo was eating its own fingers, like if he was still hungry, and blood was spilling out from it...Giorna was getting a bit nervous as she notice hearing the clock going on and off, and soon she turns her attention to Polpo, he then was holding onto a lighter that is on and yet drinking wine...and also...his fingers that were being eaten were perfectly fine....

Giorna Mind: Wh-What was that?!? Am I hallucinating!? For a second, it looked like he was munching away his own fingers! Or maybe...this bastardo Polpo is simply one of those stand users like Bucciarati. Either way, whatever it takes, I have to keep him from finding out about me.

Polpo: Now then, when you are separating from the wheat of the chaff, what do you think is the most important factor for one to be considered? Think carefully, Giovanna.

Giorna: ...What a person can do. Correct?

Polpo: Ooh. When what can you do?

Giorna lifted her hands up, and then dropped a bunch of lire out from it, which kinda surprised Polpo...

Giorna: While the guard was patting me down, I took some souvenirs. And I think it might come in handy from the test. But I'll return them on my way out, and also I have a little trick I can do with my ear, I can fold it all the way with no problem.

Polpo: *chuckles* Ahh. Molto Interesanté. But you see, there is something we haven't discuss yet. And that is the delicate subject of trust, Giorna Giovanna. Thes the most important quality of selecting an associate. They must be trustworthy when compared to that essential characteristics, intelligent and talent are no more significant that this piece of slobbery cracker stuck between my teeth. And my test will tell me how exactly trustworthy you really are. Concerning this flame of lighter I'm holding reveals all.

Polpo places the lighter onto the door, leaving it there for Giorna...

Polpo: Take it, and go. You must not let the flame expire. And I warn you with excursive causation, as the 17th theologian fuller once said "he's my friend, that speaks well of me behind my back" you do must remember those words. If you do want to be part of the familia, you'll need to demonstrate your trustworthy, even when no one is looking. And you have 24 hours, that's how long you'll posses the lighter. Do not let the flame go out, don't worry there's enough fluid. All you gotta do is sit in your room until 3pm while having the light still active. And if you do fail...then I will have no choice but to doubt you and un-forgive you of being part of the familia. Got it?

Giorna: ...Right.

Polpo: Very well. 24hours, until 3pm, and do not fail me.

Giorna then carefully grabs the lighter...and soon covering it as to not let the wind blow out from it...until...

Speaker: Attention! All visitors must proceed to the gate for the final pat down!

Giorna: Wh-What?!?

-END OF CHAPTER 5-