Waking Up Like

When I woke up I was in bed all alone. Brian wasn't next to me. I look around and grab my pants, and leave the room. I smell something meaning he must be home.

I look around and decide to go downstairs. I walk to the kitchen, and see Brian over the stove shirtless with only is boxers on cooking pancakes.

"Brian what are you doing?"

"I wanted to make you breakfast in bed but since you're up we can just eat in here"

"since when did you cook?"

"Well you learn something new every day"

"Yeah I guess so"

I walk over to the kitchen table and take a seat. I watch Brian cook. I look at his abs and smile.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer" he winks. I blush. I didn't realize I was staring at them for that long. "Hey gorgeous how many do you think you can eat?"

"Uhh... I don't know. Two I guess"

"You sure? You're very skinny"

"Yeah two is fine"

He places two pancakes on a plate and brings it over to me.

"Would you like syrup or butter or anything like that?"

I shrug "Syrup I guess" he nods and goes to his fridge.

When he returns he sits down and I look at him. I look at him for a few minutes watching him eat.

"Are you not gonna eat?"

"I don't know"

"Want me to feed you"

"Maybe"

Brian smiles. "You're like my little baby that I take care of"

"But I'm your boyfriend. Don't forget it"

"How could I?"

After we were done with breakfast we went to the living room and popped in a movie. It was my idea for what movie to watch. I am proud of the choice I made because I don't think he has seen it.

"Moulin Rouge?" He asks

"Yeah it's one of my favorites" I smile at him and we curl up on the couch. He held me in his arms and I dug my head into his chest and the movie started.

I hear Brian's calm heartbeat as it slowly beats. While nature boy plays in the back. Its as if his heartbeat was matching the rhythm to the song.

As the movie came to my favorite song, Come What May, I started singing along. And all I saw was a smile on Brian's face.

"I didn't know you could sing"

"Well you learn something new everyday"

When it got to my other favorite scene, I could hear his heartbeat speed up. He must have been scared because this scene was very intense.

I look up at him "You okay?" I ask him

"Yeah this is just... wow"