Nice to Meet You

For the first time ever, I am gonna meet Brian's dad. I don't even know the first thing about him or what he looks like.

This is actually kinda scary. I don't know if he will like me. I assume he knows his son is gay. I don't want Brian to have my situation with a homophobic father and an accepting mother.

While at Brian's house, we get ready and I try my hardest to make myself presentable.

"What if he doesn't like me?" I look at Brian and give him the concerned look.

"If I love you, that means he will too" He gives me a quick peck on the lips and I Button up my shirt and wait for his dad.

We are gonna go out to dinner, and I don't know if it's going to go that well.

After 10 excruciating minutes of waiting, his dad's comes.

"Dear I'm home" I hear him call. I turn to Brian

"I am freaking out"

"He is gonna love you, come on" He takes my hand and we walk towards his father.

"Hi dad!"

I hide behind Brian trying to not get noticed.

"Hey son." He looks around "wasn't there someone you wanted me to meet?"

"Yes there was." Brian takes my hand and pulls me forward. And I see my boyfriends father for the very first time. He was around Brian's height maybe a little shorter. He was a plump man. His hair was turning white, and he had a large white mustache and a big toothy grin. "Dad, this is Tony... my boyfriend"

"So you're the lucky young man who gets to date my son. Nice to meet you. My name is Barry." he extends his hand and I shake it

"Tony"

"I've heard many great stories about you. like how you helped our son come out. How you helped him accept who he was." Barry scans me and smiles "You're a perfect fit for my boy"

I smile and turn to look at Brian.

'He likes me' I mouth to him

'Why wouldn't he?'

I hug Brian and he gives me the tightest grip ever. This is off to a good start.

*************************************
We get to the restaurant and I notice that it's a pretty fancy restaurant.

I look over at Brian give him the, are you serious look. He smiles and I roll my eyes. He is so unhelpful.

We get to the table and Brian and I sit on one side and his parents sit on the other. They hand us the menus and I smile at Brian.

Barry scans the menu then looks up at me.

"So Tony, were you the reason our son got a broken nose?"

I look at him baffled at what he just said to me. And besides that was months ago.

"I... um..."

"Barry!" Brian's mom said annoyed.

"No it's fine really Mrs. Vancamp" I look at Brian and he looks guilty. I guess this was bound to come up. "well-"

"Father, it was my own fault."

"What?" Mr.Vancamp and I say in unison.

"We were coming out. As a couple. At school. I let it happen. Besides more damage was done to Tony than to me."

"Mhm" Mr. Vancamp looked unsure but let it go.

After a few minutes the waiter came by for our drinks.

"I will take a 2 Shirley Temples" Brian says looking at me. I smile.

"Just glass of water is fine with me." Brian's mom states.

"I'll take some wine" Mrs.Vancamp looks at her husband and looks angry. She sees me watching her and looks back at me and smiles.

The waiter walks away. Brian looks at me and kisses me on the cheek. I smile. Then I realize that his dad and mom were watching. My face grows red.

His mom had a tiny smile on her face. But his dad... his dad didn't look to happy.

When the waiter came back with our drinks, he looked at me and smiled.

Brain looks at the waiter then back at me. He turns my face towards his and kisses me passionately. He lets my face go and looks at the waiter. He frowns and walks away.

I look over at Brian and he gives me a satisfied smile.

"What was that for" I ask with a hushed voice.

"He was checking you out. I made it clear that your mine" I look at him and shake my head no. He laughs.

I look over at Brian's dad. He has a frown on his face.

I don't think he likes me...