8

"MANANG," Migo calls, grinning and leaning against his car, "sinagot na 'ko nito!"

"Shut up!" Jiya hisses, opening the driver's door and pushing him inside, bago pa lumabas si Manang at maghingalo sa narinig. "Go, go!"

Migo's laughing, and hirap na hirap si Jiyang ipasok siya sa car kasi nakahawak pa siya sa door, torso leaned back, grinning down at her. "Bakit, babe? Kinakahiya mo na 'ko?"

She forcefully pushes his chest and glares at him, tilting her chin up. "Ano ba, Manang's already planning our wedding. If she hears you, hindi ako titigilan n'on."

His eyes brighten. "Wedding?"

Jiya flushes, but she raises her eyebrow at him and states, "Kakasagot ko lang sa 'yo, Migo, 'wag kang advance mag-isip. Go inside."

He grins and leans closer, one hand snaking down to her waist to squeeze it. His head is bowed, eyes locking to hers, lips curled to a smirk. "Kiss mo muna 'ko."

Rolling her eyes, she leans up and gives him a quick one on the lips.

Migo blinks, surprised, smile fading. He looks dazed.

Jiya grins and pushes him, and this time, he falls into his seat.

"Bobo," she mutters endearingly, shaking her head, and moves around the car to get to the passenger's side.

"Akala ko ba sasapakin mo 'ko sa kaba," Migo mutters, scoffing, pulling out of her driveway when their seatbelts are both strapped. "'Di ka naman kinakabahan. Ako lang. Ki-ni-kiss mo na 'ko agad, sira. Baliw ka talaga sa 'kin."

Hindi man naririnig ni Migo puso niya, no'ng Saturday pa siya kinakabahan, when they last spoke to each other. Kagabi bago siya matulog. Kaninang umaga pagkagising. When Migo texted her to say he was outside to pick her up.

Pinagsasabi neto. Wala naman siyang alam. She scoffs loudly and lets out a ha! "'Nyeta ka, you were the one who threw yourself on me last Saturday! Sinundan mo pa 'ko and you grabbed my face pa and everything!"

"You grabbed my belt! 'Tsaka hoy, if you're forgetting, ikaw umupo sa lap ko no'ng first kiss natin—"

"Ikaw yung maingay no'n!" Jiya argues loudly.

"Natural!" Migo shouts, glancing at her. "Sinong hindi magiging maingay e nakaupo ka nga sa 'kin?"

Jiya blinks.

Migo's eyes widen. He clears his throat and looks straight ahead, gripping the steering wheel. "Okay, basta, mas baliw ako, sige na. You want breakfast?"

Jiya clears her throat. "Starbs."

Migo parks the car in front of the coffee shop, but before they can get out, Jiya blinks and snatches his wrist, looking out the window. "Wait. Pumasok si Addie and Isco."

Migo raises his eyebrow. "So?"

"So!" Jiya shakes her head firmly and leans back against the seat. "Hindi pwede. They can't know nga."

Migo looks at her. "Na?"

Jiya clenches her jaw. "Na...'yon. Alam mo na."

He blinks and shakes his head. "Bobo ako."

Jiya glares at him and snaps, "Na tayo nga! Ano ba, umalis ka na, baka makita nila car mo!"

Migo's laugh is loud. "Sure ka ba? Wala kang coffee today."

"Ugh." She sighs and shoulders her bag. "Fine. Bababa na nga ako."

Migo catches her hand, eyes wide in disbelief. "Iiwan mo na 'ko? Ano 'yon, ginawa mo 'kong driver? Bastos ka, ah."