the vows

​ I, Jiya Valle, take thee, Miguel Salas, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish.

I vow to stay and to grow in love with you, to trust in you, to bare myself open to you, to empathize with you, to suffer with you, to cry with you, to dream with you, to fight for you, to respect you, to come home to you, to bear and carry your burdens, to unselfishly and faithfully uphold your dignity when you fail to do so on your own.

I vow to be yours and yours alone, to be faithful and responsible to you and you alone. I vow to live right by you—and to be by your side until our bodies lay to rest.

I vow to love you with a love that is immeasurable and unbounded.

I vow to choose you and me tomorrow and every day after that.

I vow to stay through life with you, to go through life with you, to live my life with you. I hold your heart with the gentlest of hands, and I vow to protect it and cherish it—until death, until after it, until we meet again.

When your heart becomes weary, I promise that you can rest it in mine.

Mamahalin kita hanggang

*

​I, Miguel Salas, take thee, Jiya Valle, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish.

Jiya, on this day that you take my last name, I join my life with yours. Wherever you go, I will go. Whatever you face, I will face.

I promise you myself.

To learn with you and grow with you, even as time and life change us both.

To make sure we don't run out of coffee and to massage your shoulders when you come home tired from work.

To never hurt you.

To laugh with you and for you because I know it's your favorite sound.

To say goodbye when we need to be apart.

To speak when words are needed, and to share in the silence when they are not.

To make you champorado every time you ask for it.

To love you too and not more.

To be your best friend, your equal, your protector, your consolation, your resting place, the reason you look forward to waking up every day and to coming home every night.

To love life with you. To make life a celebration—because I'm with you.

I have never been more certain of a decision than this. Nasa tamang tao ako.

Mamahalin kita hanggang