31

THEIR fourth anniversary and being with Migo still feels like the first few months they were together.

After their relaxing weekend, Jiya wakes up at the crack of dawn to drive him to school. Nasa parking lang sila, the sky dark outside, sun barely risen, and inaantok pa si Jiya.

"I told you not to come with me na," Migo says quietly, stroking her hair with one hand, the other holding up his notes. He's reviewing for his test later today. "You could've gotten more sleep."

They moved to the backseat para makatulog si Jiya sa kanya.

Ayaw niya kasi gumising mag-isa.

Third year na si Migo and the bed gradually feels a bit lonelier every passing day. He comes home late after studying, sleeps, and then has to leave early to study some more.

Jiya has her work to keep herself busy, pero she'd grab any chance to be with Migo a little bit longer—even if it means having to wake up before five AM.

She thinks the weekend with him spent in Tagaytay made her miss him more.

She hugs him around the waist and squints at his face. He got a haircut last week kasi humahaba na around his eyes. "I'm hungry."

Migo looks at her and smiles, petting her head. "Breakfast? I need to eat din before class."

They leave the car in the parking lot and walk to McDo, deciding to take out their food and drinks para mapadalhan din si Inggo.

Isa pa 'yon na sobrang busy and pagod. Naaawa minsan si Jiya when she catches him asleep on their couch, books on his chest, tapos lalagyan niya ng blanket and pillows o gigisingin para matulog sa sinakop niyang kwarto sa taas. Minsan naman, hindi na rin siya nagpapakita for weeks, holed up in his condo to study.

Pero kapag ginagawan ni Jiya ng baon at kape si Migo, may baon at kape rin for Inggo. Kapag nagdadala siya ng pagkain for Migo sa school, kasama na rin ang para kay Inggo. She worries about him kasi walang nag-aalaga sa kanya.

Migo punches in the door code when they get to his floor. "De Paz! Gising, may test pa tayo, bobo—"

Buti na lang si Jiya ang may hawak ng drinks. Nahulog ni Migo 'yong pagkain sa counter.

"Kuya!" Maureen shrieks, bunching up the blankets around her naked body. "Oh my God!"

"Shit." Nagising si Inggo sa siko ni Mau sa mukha niya. His hair is messy, his eyes are heavy with sleep and exhaustion...and fear. "Migs."

"Magbihis kayo," Migo says, and Jiya flinches from the coldness and quietness of his voice. It seems to thunder all around the unit. "Tapos lumabas ka, de Paz."

Outside, Jiya tries to calm him down, taking his hand. It's numb in hers. "Migo..."

"Wait lang, Valle." He takes a deep breath. "I'm really fucking furious right now, so don't try to say anything in his defense kasi magagalit din ako sa 'yo nang wala sa oras."

Jiya bites her lip and sighs.

Sino nga ba naman ang hindi magagalit kung ang fuckboy mong best friend nahuli mo in bed with your sister?

The door opens. Maureen goes straight to Migo, pushing him back. Her eyes are wide and frantic. "Kuya, wait lang, please don't be mad at him. Ako nagsabi na itago namin—"

Nilagpasan ni Migo ang kapatid niya tapos sinuntok si Inggo.

He falls to the ground. "Fuck!"

"Tangina mo," Migo says calmly, punching him again and ignoring Maureen's pleads. Jiya holds her and sighs. He's really mad. "Ano ginawa mo sa kapatid ko?"