7

SA bar sa BGC ulit birthday ni Addie. Inom lang nang inom si Jiya.

"Huy!" Inggo takes her glass and laughs, flicking her forehead. "Slow down, Ji! The night is young, 'di ka pa sumasayaw, wala pa si Salas."

At his name, Jiya snorts. "'Wag na siyang pumunta."

Wala na rin siyang pake kung ipagsabi ni Migo sa lahat ng friends nila tonight that they kissed. That she kissed him.

To her right, Van puts a hand on her knee and sighs. "And here I thought tapos na feud ninyo."

"May nangyari ba?" Anton questions, spreading his legs beside Jiya sa couch. "Parang medyo weird kayo."

Kasi kapag nagyayaya friends nila, hindi pupunta si Jiya kung nando'n si Migo. And vice versa.

Jiya shrugs and snatches her drink back from Inggo. "Wala."

"Guys, guys!" Addie comes running in her heels, curls bouncing on her shoulders, hatak niya si Cas—galing silang dance floor. Her eyes are wide and she's panting. "Migo's bringing a girl!"

Inggo whistles, and Anton laughs. "Baka bago na niya," Anton says, grinning, bringing his glass to his mouth. "Ano raw name?"

"Rose Gonzales daw?" Cas says, hugging Addie from behind. "We don't know her, pero same sila ng org ni Jiya."

"Yup," Jiya says, downing her shot. She slams it on the table and stands up. "Sayaw ako. Addie, steal muna kita. Sorry, bro."

Nagpakawala si Jiya sa music with her best friend, following the music.

Ano bang pake niya na dadalhin ni Migo 'yong naka-date niyang 'yon? Siya naman nag-set up sa kanila.

Addie runs her hands over Jiya's body and whistles. "Hot mo naman, babe!"

Love lang siya ni Addie kaya ganyan. Confidence booster nila palagi—but as always, 'di naman nagwo-work kay Jiya.

She's in a white crop top, black jeans, and a leather jacket, tapos naglugay lang siya. Her makeup is simple—dark eyeshadow, cheek tint, 'onting lipstick.

Still, she smiles and twirls Addie around. "Ikaw 'yon. Happy birthday!"

Sumama na rin sa kanila si Van and Isco maya-maya.

When Migo comes in, Rose following behind him na naka-makeup and party outfit talaga—their eyes meet.

Jiya turns her head away and blinks rapidly, facing her friends, heart crawling to her throat.

Dumiretso siya sa table nila and ang lakas ng greetings nila from their friends. Jiya sees him introducing Rose to their barkada.

"Oh, si Migo!" Addie shouts over the music, stepping back. "Wait lang b, I wanna meet Rose din!"

Van goes with her.

Wala nang pake si Jiyang kumuha ng bagong shot sa bar, making no face at the Cuervo she downs, and heads back to the dance floor.

"Lakas," a stranger comments, inching closer to her with an impressed smile. "Wanna dance?"

'Di na sumagot si Jiya. She puts her hands on him and closes her eyes, drowning herself in the music.

When she opens them again, Migo's watching her from across the room.

Even as her heart stills and races, hindi tumigil katawan niya. She presses herself to the stranger's body and stares back at him.

Naka-black shirt, jeans, and black cap na nakabaliktad on his head. Arm spread over the couch, nakatabi sa kanya si Rose na hanggang ears ang smile.