11

"YOUR grades came out."

Jiya looks up from her phone. She purses her lips and says, "Yes po."

"A 3.92 GPA can be a 4," her dad says, looking straight ahead. "That will give you more advantages when you graduate, considering the industry you want to be in. Or you can just inherit the company, you're the only Valle heir din naman."

May isa siyang B+. Isa lang.

And ilang beses na sinabi ng dad niya 'to. Ilang beses nang umayaw si Jiya.

She looks out the window and says, "I'll think about it, Papa."

"Good." He pulls the car over to Starbucks. "Text Kuya Willy if you're going home late. You have him at your disposal."

"Opo." She picks up her bag and laptop and leans over to kiss him on the cheek. "Take care, Pa."

Her friends are seated at their usual table, waving at her with big grins. Katabi ni Addie si Cas, and Migo has an empty seat beside him. Isco isn't here.

She ignores them and heads straight sa counter. Tyler smiles. "Na-order na po coffee n'yo."

Jiya blinks. "Oh. Really?"

"By your friends po."

Migo holds up her drink in his hand and winks, shaking it.

Her lips curl up. She thanks the barista and heads over, dumping her bag and laptop on the table and leans down to kiss Migo on the mouth. "Thank you," she whispers, and then she sits next to him and asks her friends, "Asan si Professor Utong?"

Cas gives her a salute and Addie a hug. Migo smiles, swings an arm over the back of her chair and whispers, "Welcome."

She leans back and takes the drink in his hand, sipping it.

Kakauwi lang ni Migo galing province a few days ago, pero hindi sila nakapagkita until last night kasi Jiya's cousins stayed over sa mansion nila pagkatapos nilang mag-Christmas break sa Japan.

Last night, nag-cuddle lang sila ni Migo sa condo habang wala si Inggo. Jiya was content hugging him kasi she missed him. Kumain lang sila ng dala niyang PopEye's and put on a movie.

"Don't know, don't care," Van says, scrolling through her phone.

Jiya looks at Addie. She mimes a knife cutting through her throat, shaking her head.

Hindi niya naiintindihan. "So kick na siya?" she blurts out flatly.

Addie sighs. "He slept with Wendy raw. He just said so this morning."

Jiya sighs.

Migo hisses, clicking his tongue. "Sorry, Van."

"Wala akong pake," she bites out. "Patingin nga ng scheds n'yo, I think kami ni Addie may five to seven na class, agh."

Second semester na nila ng second year.

Jiya closes her eyes habang hinalungkat ni Migo 'yong phone niya sa bag niya for her schedule. He strokes the back of her neck with his thumb and says, "Volleyball PE mo?"

"Mm."

He's grinning. "Really."

Jiya wraps her lips around the straw and looks at him. Migo stares at her mouth. "Why?" she asks, tilting her head, propping her elbow on the chair. "Feeling mo mas magaling ka sa 'kin sa volleyball? I can be good at it, too."

The corner of his lips curls up, and he raises his eyes again to meet hers. "I have volleyball before you. Baka magkalaban tayo for finals."

"Mananalo ako," she tells him.