39

JIYA and Van don't wake up until twelve in the afternoon. Five PM ang rehearsal dinner for the Casaddie wedding.

She washes her face and brushes her teeth before she showers and changes into a long polo shirt with the first two buttons open and shorts. Jiya's tying her hair into a ponytail when a knock comes in the door.

"Pakuha," Van asks her from the shower, and Jiya steps out of the bathroom to pull the door open.

Her blood runs cold.

Migo smiles at her, leaning against the doorway, and he runs his eyes shamelessly from head to toe. "Good morning, Valle."

Jiya slams the door in his face, but Migo's too quick. He pushes it with his palm and all but steps inside the room with a smug expression, crowding her, and Jiya steps back, hitting the wall, swallowing thickly. "Ano—ano ginagawa mo dito?"

Migo grins, and she wants to punch her heart for leaping inside her chest kasi putangina, it's not a smile of hostility or sarcasm. This is...this is Migo's mischievous smile. Evil smile. "You didn't think I'd let last night go, did you?"

HAHA. Tangina.

"Bakit? What happened last night? I don't remember," she tells him, raising an eyebrow.

Migo's smile doesn't waver. "You don't remember? You gave me a blowjob."

"Hindi kaya!" Jiya argues, face flaming.

He tilts his head to the side, smile widening.

Jiya bites her tongue. Shit.

The water from the shower shuts off. "Sino 'yon, Ji? Si Ads?" Van shouts.

Migo grins, not taking his eyes off her, stepping back. "Well, Valle. Seems like you do remember that you kissed—"

She shoves her hand on his mouth, slamming him to the wall, eyes wide. "Shut up!" she hisses, tiptoeing to reach his face.

Jiya feels his smile on her palm as he stares at her. "Have lunch with me."

Jiya takes off her hand and steps back. "No."

He shouts loudly, "Van, alam—"

"I'll have lunch with you!" she hisses, opening the door and pushing him out. "Do'n ka na maghintay. Bwisit."

Migo's laugh echoes down the hallway, and her toes curl at the sound of it.

Bakit hindi siya galit? He should be...he should be mad at her, furious even. More so than before.

Instead, he's this happy little shit, tormenting her about her...her mistake.

Van blinks at her, frozen at the doorway, hands clammy. She dries her hair with a towel and asks, "Ji?"

"Huh?" Jiya swallows. "Uh, yeah, si Ads, she was just telling us to be ready by five. Um, baba lang ako, I'll get something to eat."

"K." She heads to her luggage to get dressed.

Migo's humming a fucking annoying song when she takes her seat in front of him with a plate from the buffet. His eyes are shining with amusement. "I think we should talk about why you kissed me."

Jiya holds his stare. "I don't think we should. 'Sides, I was drunk."

Migo raises an eyebrow. "Really."

Jiya shrugs, chewing her food.

He narrows his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest. "I think it's something worth talking about. You claimed you hate me."