40

THE resort is bustling with life and energy as they get ready for the Fuentes-Zacarias wedding.

Addie's hair and makeup team, as well as the videographers and photographers, are already here. The room is bustling with life and energy around the bride-to-be while she gets into her wedding dress for the photos.

Pogi: have lunch with me.

Jiya grits her teeth and ignores that. She also ignored the past few messages earlier this morning.

Pogi: have breakfast with me.
Pogi: i made you coffee.
Pogi: may plus one ka ba?
Pogi: nasan ka.
Pogi: i want to apologize for last night.
i didn't mean it.

Jiya goes back to finishing her makeup when she hears one of Addie's work friends, Polly, say, "Should I ask Ads for his number later? Or mamaya na lang sa reception? Shit, pedia pa!"

The one she's talking to, si Cris, gushes and slaps her arm. "Sa reception—"

Jiya turns around with a smile. "Are you guys talking about Migo?" Parehas kasi silang pediatrician ni Inggo.

They turn to her, wide-eyed.

"The other one kasi, taken na," she continues, grinning. "If si Migo, he's single. Actually, he's going to lunch, baka gusto mo samahan."

Polly gasps, a wide smile on her mouth. "Oh my God, Jiya, really?"

"Text ko lang, kaibigan ko 'yon," she says, winking. "Pero mag-ready ka na."

She hears her squeal. Jiya turns around and rolls her eyes, picking up her phone.

nasan ka

Migo doesn't even take a second to reply.

Pogi: cafe sol, may table na

Jiya snorts. Ulol niya if he thinks she's going to continue being his fucking slave. She's had enough of his shit.

Besides, parang wala pa namang nasabihan si Migo. Inggo hasn't hunted her down, Van hasn't bombed her with questions, Isco hasn't shouted in glee.

Jiya tells him to wait there, and then turns to Polly again. "He's at Café Sol lang, waiting for you."

Another squeal. She retouches her makeup and thanks her profusely before running off.

Inggo messages her as well.

Inggo Best Bro: BRO RINN IS
HERE!!!! BABA KA SA LOBBY

Jiya grins and goes to greet her.

"Ate Jiya!" Maureen screeches, looking absolutely stunning in her dress and makeup as she runs up to hug her. "Grabe, I missed you!"

They walk along the shoreline with Inggo trailing behind them as Mau slings her arm around hers, chatting away.

When Polly comes back up, she still has a glowing smile on her face. She rushes immediately to her friends to gossip about her seemingly amazing lunch date with the Doc Salas.

Whatever. Jiya takes her rightful place with the rest of the bridesmaids for their picture once she's in her dress. Ang maid of honor ni Addie is her older sister.

Pogi: what the fuck valle. tangina mo.

Jiya smiles.

i didn't say i was going to
come down to eat lunch with
you. bakit ko gugustuhing
gawin yon?

Migo reads that and takes a while to reply.

Pogi: okay. sige.

She rolls her eyes and tries to simmer down her anger, knowing that this day is for one of her closest friends.