15

JIYA lands an internship sa isang small literary agency just to keep her busy for the summer and to build her resumé, pero she's starting late May pa.

Buti na lang, kasi pupunta silang magkakaibigan sa Batangas to celebrate her birthday. Ito na rin celebration nila for ending sophomore year.

Last year, she had dinner with Manang, tapos nilibre niya ng pagkain friends niya 'tsaka nagpainom. She didn't invite Migo pero pumunta pa rin siya 'tsaka nagbigay ng vibrator. "O," he said, grabbing a bottle sa alak na hindi naman para sa kanya, "parang hindi ka inaalagaan ni Levi, e."

Jiya smiled at him and downed her shot, standing up. "Gamitin namin ni Luis 'to, salamat."

Migo watched her saunter away.

(Hindi naman nila ginamit, sinabi niya lang 'yon para mainis si Migo. Parang nag-work.)

This year, her dad knocked on her door and said, "I booked you three rooms to a resort in Batangas for four days during your birthday week. You can use the van, si Kuya Willy ang maghahatid 'tsaka sundo sa inyo. Your mom and I won't be here, so bring whoever you want. Ah, and I transferred ten to your bank account. Your new shoes are downstairs."

Jiya merely nodded and said, "Thank you po."

He leaned against the doorway and said, "Are you interning this summer somewhere?"

She nodded again, facing him in her chair. "Small lit agency lang po."

Her dad narrowed his eyes and scratched his chin. "And you don't want to try working at our company?"

Jiya pursed her lips and looked away. "I'm sorry, Pa."

Gerard sighed and closed the door, shaking his head.

Jiya pretends like that doesn't sting.

Later, her mom texts her.

Mommy: jiya, i bought you a gucci bag
and jacket for your birthday,
kakadeliver lang.

Jiya receives the box and tosses it inside her closet, alongside all the other gifts from the past twenty years unopened.

She replies:

thank you, mommy.

*

Group: casaddie cake

Jiya Valle: o mga puta punta tayo
batangas sino g

Jiya Valle: may 15-18 magdala
kayo ng damit

Inggo de Paz: ...pati ba pera

Anton Buencamino: PARE BAKIT YUN
YUNG UNA MONG TANONG BOBO

Anton Buencamino: also, @Jiya, g!!!
EXCITING yie 21 na siya

Inggo de Paz: GUSTO KO LANG MALAMAN OK

Isco Cuenca: ahm commute ba mahal ang
gas ngayon...

Van Andres: ggg!!!! @Jiya may dress code
ba for ur bday dinner

Jiya Valle: walang dress code
dress code

Jiya Valle: @Inggo no need

Inggo de Paz: YOWNNNNN!!! SALAMAT
LODI SHET HAHAHAHHAAH @Migo
SWERTE KA

Jiya Valle: @Isco maglakad ka.
the rest sa van. punta kayo dito
8am ang wala maiiiwan.