21

MIGO drives with two hands on the wheel.

The ride is silent. Nakatitig lang si Jiya sa blankong mukha ni Migo, pursing her lips, not knowing what to do for him. Pero kung ayaw niyang magsalita, hindi niya pipilitin.

He parks the car in front of her house and shuts off the engine. He opens the door and gets out, and Jiya follows suit.

Migo leans against her door when she closes it, sighing. "I'm sorry," he says, eyebrows furrowing together. "Hindi pa Christmas and I dragged you out."

"I don't care about that," Jiya mutters, standing in front of him. He's staring straight ahead. "You want to stay? Sleep here?"

A smile appears on his lips. Jiya's chest expands in relief. "Are you seducing me?"

"If it's working, why not? Wala si Manang and sabi mo uuwi ka bukas."

He finally looks at her, lips curved upwards. "I was planning to stay here rin naman kasi alam kong wala kang kasama."

"Or gusto mo 'kong solohin."

"Pwede rin. That's a bonus. A big one."

Jiya steps closer to cup his face. Migo's playful smile fades and his breath hitches when her thumb strokes his cheek. "Thank you," she whispers. "I had fun with your mom and sisters and the food was good. I had a good time."

He stares at her and reaches up to cover her hand in his, leaning his cheek against her palm. "I'm really sorry," he murmurs.

"Stop apologizing, hindi mo kasalanan." She swallows and asks, "I'm here, Migo. What can I do? Anong kailangan mo?"

"Ito." He brings his arms around her waist and buries his head on her shoulder, breathing in deeply. Jiya hugs him back, reaching around his neck, and he squeezes her so tight it's hard to breathe. "Ikaw."

When his shoulders shake, no sound comes out, and she feels wet on her skin. Her heart breaks when Migo's fingers claw at the fabric of her top, like he's trying to pull her closer even when there are no more spaces between them, and she clings to him, pressed against the car door.

Jiya turns her head to kiss his temple, shutting her eyes at his silent cry.

She lets him hug her, hold her as long as he needs. When he pulls away slowly, after what feels like hours, he mutters, "Sorry. Basa na damit mo."

Jiya reaches up to wipe his tears away. Then, taking his hand, she leads him inside.

Migo watches her take off her makeup and jewelry on her dresser, seated on the bed. When she goes to the bathroom to take a shower, Migo follows her, too.

When he steps inside with her, Jiya says, "I should buy shampoo for you. Dove lang meron ako ngayon."

"Okay. And that's fine," he mutters, closing his eyes under the water, wetting his hair. His hands are on her waist, gripping tight, parang gusto niyang malaman na nandito siya habang nakapikit.

Jiya threads her fingers in his hair and washes it, tiptoeing kasi ang tangkad niya. He leans forward to bump his head on her chest, chuckling quietly. "Hello, twins."

Jiya rolls her eyes, expecting him to reach up and touch or bite and kiss, but his hands stay on her waist, and his eyes stay closed while Jiya massages his scalp.

She finishes washing them both with Migo's hands never leaving her body. Somehow, even if they aren't doing anything remotely sexual, this feels a lot more intimate.

Saka lang siya binitawan ni Migo when they get out, and she hands him a towel and his clothes. Buti na lang may naiwan dito from the few times he's slept over.