23

twitter: arrowheadswp

*

"HINDI libre 'tong paghatid ko sa 'yo, ano ako, alipin mo?" Migo says, halatang masungit, habang pinaparada ang car sa harap ng Theo & Brom office. He scoffs in annoyance. "Magbayad ka ng gas, punyeta."

Jiya grins and takes off her seatbelt. "So magkano?"

Kanina pa 'to masungit sa suot niya. Naka-tweed blazer and short skirt kasi siya na terno and white blouse sa loob. Ito 'yong sinabi niya na mukha siyang fuckable sa desk.

Her orientation for her OJT is today, bago sila mag-finals. Sobrang excited niya kagabi pa, and Migo offered to drive her since Saturday naman.

Pero pagkakita niya sa kanya, nagsungit na si gago.

He crosses his arms over his chest and pouts.

Jiya rolls her eyes and leans over, giving him a kiss.

Migo raises his eyebrow when she pulls back. "Ano 'yon?"

"I thought you wanted a kiss," Jiya says, laughing. "Ano ba, pout ka pa d'yan!"

"Oo nga, pero isa lang?" Migo snaps, arm curling around her nape to pull her closer. "Kala mo ba gano'n lang ka-cheap ang gas? Lima!"

Jiya laughs, breathless, in between kisses. Nakakainis 'to, parang bata.

"Sunduin kita after, text me," sabi niya no'ng bumaba na siya. "Love you!"

Jiya mouths the words right back and waves at him, watching his car drive away. Then, she takes a deep breath, smoothing her hands down her skirt, and walks in.

Si Gelo agad ang sumalubong sa kanya when she steps inside the office. He still looks as dashing as he did during that first time they met, kahit naka-brown sweater and jeans lang siya. His hair is parted neatly, and he smiles at her. "Hi, Jiya."

Feeling ni Jiya lahat ng employees dito, nagugulat pa rin sa mukha niya.

"Hi, sir—Gelo." She clears her throat.

He laughs quietly and puts down the papers he was holding. "Shall we?"

Jiya nods and thanks him when he opens the door for her.

Since na-process na lahat ng papers niya, all that's left to do at this orientation is to tour her around the place and let her know kung saan siya magw-work and ano gagawin niya.

"Are you done with school?" he asks conversationally, pressing a button sa elevator. "Or not yet?"

"I still have finals," she answers. "One week na lang."

Gelo nods and steps aside to let her in first. "That's good. Are you excited to work? There's a lot we'll be doing over the next months."

Jiya smiles and nods. "Yes, very."

He raises a thick eyebrow, lips curling up. "Hindi naman siguro kami mapapagalitan ni Mr. Valle for letting you intern here, right? Since you're turning down your company."

Her smile fades and she swallows hard. "I make my own decisions, sir."

He laughs quietly. "Okay, sorry na. Oh. Here." Gelo pulls out something from his coat pocket and hands it to her. Jiya blinks—ID niya! "You were buzzed in by security pero you'll need this once you start."

She takes it slowly and looks at it in amazement. May picture na siya from when Gelo asked her to send to him. Her name is printed under it.

Shit! Gusto niyang tumalon-talon sa saya.