30

JIYA stares up at the Theo & Brom building. Her palms are sweating.

She resigned from her dull job, applied agad when she saw there was an opening sa T&B with the same position, got called in for an interview. And now, first day na niya ulit.

She texts Migo.

baby im here na. kinakabahan
ako di ko sure kung bakit

Migo reads that. Hindi in-expect ni Jiya that he'd reply because he's in class. Second year na.

Pogi: it's because you're excited
princess ;) this is your dream job and
your dream company. go inside and
kill it :) have a great first day i love you so much.

Jiya swallows thickly.

ok i love u i love u i love u.

Pogi: stop im dying

She manages a small laugh before she chucks her phone inside her bag.

Buzzing her ID against the security panel makes her heart jump. 'Yon pa lang, ganito na siya kasaya. Grabe.

Wala pang two years since her OJT, but it feels like those dragged on while she wasn't working here.

There are familiar faces and not-so familiar faces that greet her, and those that are familiar smile widely and wave. "Jiya!"

Shit, iba 'yong excitement na nagth-thrum in her veins as she smiles back and waves, and before she can take a step towards the stairs, up to her office—her office!—the bell sa may stand rings.

Jiya's head whips around to find Gelo. His hair is slicked back, and he looks the same as he did that last time they saw each other—Christmas a year ago. He's wearing a dark green polo shirt tucked inside gray slacks with the first two buttons undone. As always, he looks expensive and handsome. "Everyone, please welcome our new editorial assistant, Jiya Valle. She already worked here before, but nonetheless, please do your best to make her feel welcome. Again," he says, gesturing to her, and then he starts clapping. His eyes stare intently at her face.

Pumalakpak rin ang lahat, big smiles aimed at her.

Jiya blinks and swallows thickly, thanks them, says she's excited.

Nilapitan siya ni Gelo. "Jiya."

"Gelo." She smiles at him, breathing in deeply. She can't explain how happy she is to be working with him again. Here. "It's good to be back."

His smile is blinding. "It's good to have you back. You wanna get settled in your office?"

Hindi mapigilan ni Jiya na tumili in her hands.

Gelo raises an eyebrow.

"Sorry." She clears her throat and fixes her posture, wincing. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I'm just...I'm just happy and excited and nervous."

"Halata."

She can't help but roll her eyes. "Sorry na."

Gelo's mouth quirks up in a grin. "Come on."

It's the same office she used to work in with Claire, pero clear na ang desk niya of her things, and Jiya's desk before is now gone.

Claire texted her din kasi noong nag-resign na si Jiya.

Claire: JIYA im leaving T&B and
there's a slot to take my position! you
should apply! :D

So, uh, she did.

Gelo gestures to that desk. "All yours."

Jiya takes her time stepping inside, breathing in. She can remember the happiness she felt while working here. The thrill. The fulfillment. She puts her bag down on the table slowly, hand tracing the table...and sits down on the chair.