4

POGI: bilhan mo kong rose na may card,
padala mo sa 2:30 chem ko, faura 114.
sulat mo 'migo, you're so handsome, and
every time you're near, i get nervous. sana
you smile with this flower! have a good
day!' tapos lagyan mong heart sa dulo

Jiya keeps the smile on her face, kunyari nakikinig siya kay Isco, and types her reply.

kulang pa flowers mo, you
conceited ass? :)

It's Valentines in August sa Ateneo even though October is a week away. It's a fundraising event na naging big deal in campus, where you pay for flower deliveries to be sent to your crushes and/or friends during their classes, pwedeng anonymously or not. Last year, Addie gave Van, Isco, and Jiya flowers—that was the only flower Jiya received then. Wala naman din siyang pake about it, pero every time na papasok sila sa classroom, may delivery for Addie. Mayro'n din for Van na tinapon ni Isco.

Last year, puno 'yong bag ni Migo ng flowers. He even handed one to Jiya and said, "O, 'eto. For charity."

Jiya almost slapped him in the face, but she just shoved it back in his chest and walked away.

Pogi: nope, i just want one from you. kaya
lagyan mo rin ng from 'jiya valle baby'.
hindi pwedeng anonymous

Of course hindi kulang, sa dinami-rami ba naman ng admirers niya. She sighs and puts her phone down. Dadaan pa siya sa doghouse before her next class para mag-place ng order and magbayad ng flower para sa gago.

The student who receives her request makes a double take at the note. Then she grins, shakes her head, and tells her orgmates, "May isa ulit for Migo Salas."

Tangina. Jiya gives her a sickly-sweet smile and pays for it, slamming the bill on the table. She also ignores some looks thrown her way, rolling her eyes before she leaves.

Pagkaupo niya in class, Migo texts her again.

Pogi: what about u

She raises an eyebrow.

me what

Pogi: flowers, valle. flowers. lam mo yon?
ganto itsura 🌹 o kaya 🌻 pwede ring 💐

She rolls her eyes. Before she can say na oo, wala, as usual, baket ba, a voice says, "Delivery for Jiya Valle!"

Addie squeals and hits her. "This is Jiya!"

A chorus of annoying cheers come from her classmates. Confounded, she furrows her eyebrows and stands up, receiving the pretty pink rose and the card. She turns it over to read it, and her friends look over her shoulder.

Excited for our date this Friday! Hope this makes you smile, wag masungit. Have a good day Jiya :) - Anton

"Hoy, tangina ka!" Muntik na siyang sabunutan ni Van. "'Di ka nagsasabi! Anong date?! Ba't ang cute!"

"Samgyup lang, puta, ang sakit!" Jiya snaps, holding her hair. "Friend date lang sinasabi neto, ano ba."

"Friend date daw," Addie mocks, hugging her. "Hay, they grow old so fast."

"Shut up," Jiya tells them, pulling out her phone to text him.

HOY ANO TO

Anton replies agad.

Anton: Para nga ngumiti ka :) Nag-work?

Jiya smiles.

oo :) mabilis to mamatay pero 
thanks!