~Chap.9: The Carnival

*A couple of hours earlier*

«Hey girls!» called us Matteo «Have you heard? There's a fair carnival not far from here! But like it's abandoned and many says it's haunted. Should we visit it? I mean ghosts doesn't exist!»
I said «Uhm, they do though?»
Lodovica said «Naah! Stuff like that doesn't exist.»
Martina nodded while Miriana said «Actually, I'm with Bella on this. Ghosts exist.»
Another guy with Matteo called Michael, also Miriana's boyfriend, said huffing «Miri, don't go on about ghosts and paranormal stuff surrounding us now. That stuff exists only in stories.»
Miriana said «Don't believe us! You'll see.»
I sighed and said «Guys, if we're going just... Just be respectful and don't provoke them. Seriously.»
Matteo said «Great! Davide is coming as well, he's waiting us near the woods to reach it.»

*Present time*

We were now at this abandoned carnival, it was almost night and I had chills.

I shivered and looked around, Matteo saying «Damn it's creepy yet so cool!»Martina said «If the teachers find out we came here they'll kill us

Martina said «If the teachers find out we came here they'll kill us.»
Davide joked «If ghosts or psycho clowns don't kill us first though.»
I looked at him worried «Don't give anyone around here ideas!»
He chuckled «What Isabella, are you scared?»
I nodded holding Layla tight «I am. Supernatural creatures aren't people to joke with.»
He rolled his eyes «Oh my God Isabella, chill down. Nothing's gonna happen, cuz whatever you think exists, doesn't!»
I glared at him «Oh trust me. They do exist. You have no idea.»
Lodovica said «Anyway, why would someone build all of this in the woods? It's kinda freaky, what if a tree fell down?»
Michael said «Guess they thought this place was safe enough... Anyway, what should we explore first?»

They started talking to decide what attraction to visit first when Layla said loud enough only for me to hear and scaring me as I thought she wasn't there «They're here. Isabella, they're here.»
I scrunched my eyebrows and looked down at her confused moving a little away from my friends to talk «Who's here?»
«Here. They can't see me! They can't know! They can't know!» and just like that she seemed to be gone. Or that's what I thought as she didn't move or talk.