~Chap.18: To Sleepy Hollow~

I shook my head incredulous «Wait, what? No! How am I Lalisa? I'm Isabella! Isabella Moretti! I don't even look like her! Sure, we're very very similar, but I'm me

I shook my head incredulous «Wait, what? No! How am I Lalisa? I'm Isabella! Isabella Moretti! I don't even look like her! Sure, we're very very similar, but I'm me. Just me.»
Layla said placing a hand on my shoulder «I know it's hard. You've just learned something shocking. If you have any questions, we can answer those.»
I shook my head again, moving away from her touch «No! No! I don't want anything to do with this! I'm Isabella! Not Lalisa! I'm nor her!»
Onyx said «Listen bitch, get your shit together. We need to be reunited. Now. No matter how much I hate it.»
I shook my head «I, I don't want to!»

Suddenly Lady Kim dark voice said «I want my Lalisa back. All in one piece. Either you collaborate or I'll deal with you. Onyx, why she doesn't look like my Lalisa?»
Onyx shrugged «Because her parents aren't the same who gave birth to Lalisa Manoban, to us. That's how genetics work. But since we couldn't die and reincarnate like we should have, when we reunite we will get our last aspect, Lalisa. Since we are Lalisa Manoban. Just divided and on our own.»
Lady Kim nodded, then locked eyes with me, her red eyes didn't seem that cold as before, they seemed to look at me more warmly, then she looked back at Onyx «Where to now? What do we need to do?»
Layla said «It's a place in the humans' world. It's a very antique village, it's the first place we need to visit, it's called Sleepy Hollow. Then we need to go to another famous place, a city called Salem. There we need a very powerful witch who lives alongside the humans. She was exiled for breaking important rules in the Witches and Mages realm.»
I still couldn't process what was going on, I could only hear the vampire saying «Alright. Let's go then. I want my Lisa back.»
I stood my ground and yelled firmly «No! I don't want anything to do with this!»
Lady Kim said harshly «You are part of it! Whether you like it or not! As of now you're no one! Nothing! You're just a fragment of a soul in a box resembling a random human.»

I just stared at her, unable to speak. It's not like she was wrong; who I was, how I looked like, my thoughts, my feelings, my origins, everything about me wasn't mine. Wasn't me. Sure, apparently if I was this Lalisa everything was still me. But everything I thought was Isabella Moretti, turned out to be Lalisa Manoban The Ethereal Supreme. My family wasn't even my family.

I felt arms wrap around me, Layla's voice saying softly «I know it's a lot to take. But look at the bright side, you'll have an answer for all your questions. You'll know where you belong and everything will be better.»
I muttered back «But, I've never felt out of place, I love how things are now. Or, were...» I looked up at the Vampire «So, you're our, no, my girlfriend? Or well, will be once we're all back in one?»
Lady Jisoo nodded «Indeed. You already are, all three of you are part of my Lalisa.»
I sighed and crossed my arms, looking sadly and troubled to the ground beneath me, kicking a small rock «Then why I have no memory of you? Of us?»
Onyx said «That, we don't know either. Now, let's stop talking and let's get moving. We need to reunite before Archclor and his minions find out I'm free, that Layla is also here and that Isabella knows the truth.»
I said panicking «Wait! I can't! I have school! I've been away for far too long! People will worry and my parents won't believe the lie of me being at a friend house any longer!»
Onyx said firmly «This is more important than your mondaine life. We need to stop Archclor and we need to awake our reign, Middmixle and all its habitants.»
I asked «Its habitants? What kind of creatures lives there?»
Layla said «Mixes. Especially magical creatures mixed with the humans, who didn't want to live on Earth.»
I sighed and said «So... Sleepy Hollow? That's in the USA, New York. It's very far from where I live.»
Lady Kim said «Where do you live?»
I made sign of zipping my mouth «Lilith told me to never disclose my current living location.»
«You're kidding me right?» she asked in disbelief, as I just raised an eyebrow at her and shrugged
«In Lilith I trust. Wait, shouldn't she be included?»