12* Alfred's Charm

Alfred's picture in the media.

And I won't say that we're starting this chapter with a new POV per say because well 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀

NOUMAN HUSSAIN

"Yo man, I need you to help me taste this," Those were the words that welcomed me immediately I stepped into the fully conditioned and sugar-scented place that housed Cakes and Creams.

And I nearly ran back.

Like, I wanted to turn back and walk out of the shop but I couldn't. I just found myself walking towards the counter as if compelled by the huge grin that was sitting prettily on Alfred's face.

"Why did you come this late? I've been expecting you since morning," He attacked me verbally as soon as I took my seat on the high chair in front of the counter and before I could even say anything, he was shoving what he wanted me to taste in my front.

I looked down to see heart-shaped biscuits with toppings and frostings and designs and I looked up at him, more like frowned at him because he couldn't possibly expect me to consume that much sugar after all the sugary stuff he fed me last week.

"What's this?"

"My new recipe," He beamed at me, "I just came up with the recipe like a couple of minutes ago so I need you to help me check if it's okay or not,"

He was beaming, literally radiating energy and so much excitement as he gazed up at me whole waiting for me to eat the obviously diabetes-inducing biscuits or cookies or cakes or whatever because I wasn't sure what exactly it looked like but I was sure my sugar level could rise by just looking at it.

Too much sugar.

Initially, I thought it was cool that I get to eat and test all his new recipes because well, Alfred has to be the best cook I've ever seen. He just have this way of cooking that I couldn't understand. He was just effortless with cooking. He could just sit still for a couple of minutes and the next, he'll be standing up to try out a new recipe he just came up with.

And whatever that new recipe was? Don't even get me started on how divine and different and unique and heavenly it was going to taste.

Even if it was just an ordinary snack like puff puff or doughnut.

He always has a way of making them into something extremely extraordinary.

But now, I wasn't so sure anymore. I was just scared for my health.

"Why are you not eating it?" He asked me, eyes still intent on me and I knew he was still eagerly waiting for me to taste it and hype his expertise.

He knew he was good, too good but he still needed me to sing his praise to his ears now and then.

I eyed him warily before I picked the whatever up by its side while being careful not to allow the frostings to touch my hands before I took a small bit.

Or rather, I intended to take a small bite but before I knew it, I was dipping the entire heart-shaped whatever into my mouth.

I didn't even know what it tasted like, it tasted like chocolate, cake, biscuit, honey and as expected, it just tasted divine.

"How's it?"