29* Sanctuary

Sameera's boo 👆

I'm here 💃💃

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday. Some of y'all messages made me tear up 😭😩 I love you guys so much ❤✨

And I can't even count the number of death threats on Imran's head 😂😂 Liyah and co, please take it easy on my baby. He's here and he's here to stay.

Wattpad is acting up so please check my profile to see if you're still following me 🙏❤

DAVID

There was soft music playing from the stereo in the living room, a song I recognized to be one of Jay's but I couldn't place the title.

The song sounded like it was about self-love, about hope, about positivity, about looking on the positive side, about staying high even without feeling high.

And Jay's voice, a calm, deep, and low-pitched voice felt like a warm blanket on a cold night, it felt like a mother's hug, like a long-lost friend's smile, like the first ray of light after a dark tunnel.

His voice sounded euphoric, heavenly, and unbelievably beautiful and it made it really difficult to believe that the face behind the voice was standing just a few meters away from me.

"Do you guys need something else?" He asked, arms resting on the backrest of the sofa, "If you need any other thing, just let me know, I'll..."

"Don't stress yourself," came a feminine voice from the direction I've avoided looking at since I got here, "You're already the perfect host, shey you know?"

That elicited deep rumbling laughter from our host.

"If you want more, you can always tell me..."

"Haba now," The girl replied, "If I eat more than this, I'm definitely going to burst."

That made me turn my head slightly to look in her direction, she was sitting legs crossed on one of the sofas with thousands of nylons and wraps of all sorts of snacks.

Cookies, biscuits, chocolates, candies, marshmallows, and all.

I knew she only eats like this once in a month so it was definitely that time of the month.

"Should you be asking her if she wants more?" Sameera's voice came from the other side of the big room where she was sitting on a high cushion chair, "I think we should be worried instead if she should finish eating all those stuff."

"I'm going to finish eating them," the girl in question declared without missing a beat.

"Wow," Sameera sounded appalled, but still not as appalled as I had sounded the first time I discovered she eats like this whenever she was on her period, "Do you eat like this on a normal day, or is it a special occasion?"

"It's a special occasion," she replied, stuffing her face with another round of cookies, "And besides, it looks like we're going to wait forever for my Hausa boy and Tamara so I might as well get myself occupied with something."

"Yeah, sure," The other girl replied, "What a thing to keep yourself occupied with. I'm completely envious."

"Why?" She replied in between a mouthful of marshmallows, "You can always join me."