31* Imbuement

When I introduced Imran's character, I got two comments like *I thought there's an Alfred abi am I mistaken* and another one "Is Imran the same guy that works in a Cafe or Bakery?" by two different readers. Please I find these types of comments very annoying, like extremely annoying because wtf is that? If you can ask me something like that, that means you can ask me "If Dunni is David's ex-girlfriend or if Tania is Nadia's best friend?" And seriously, I'm not even sure if you guys are reading this book at all with those two questions.

Those two comments actually pissed me off. A whole lot.

But then, we move in the helicopter way.

Let's see who the new POV is, shall we?

Bound Wrists, Muffled Screams.

*ALFRED BAMIDELE*

"Kitan," Mom's voice sounded like a lullaby and it made me fall deeper, into sleep, of course, and made me reach for the cover cloth to cover my body even more.

"Kitan," She called out again, her voice sounding even softer than earlier and I felt her gently tap my body to softly caress my face into a deeper slumber.

I sighed in contentment as my eyelids grew heavier and heavier. I've always known food was bliss but sleeping? That was plain heaven on earth.

"Alfred Olakitan Bamidele," She called me by my full name this around, her voice sounding like a sing-song tone and I groaned before turning to the other side.

I loved mom but I wished she'd stop trying to sing me a lullaby and just allow me to sleep peacefully.

"Kitan, that'll be the last time I'll call you, next, I'll..."

"Mummy, please, I've not slept for five minutes and you're..."

I was interrupted by the rough snatching of the cover cloth from my body and my eyes flew open at the same time a huge waterfall sprang from my face.

Jesus Christ.

I sat up with a start, my eyes opening and shutting instantly because of the too-bright fluorescent bulb. Splashes of water made me open them again to see mom standing over me, a bowl in her hands.

"Mummy, why?" I groaned, my voice sounding groggy with the sleep still evident in it, "I've not even slept for 30 minutes."

"No, you've not," Her sarcastic tone made my head jerk towards the direction of the wall clock only to confirm that the time was just indeed 3:42 pm.

"See mummy, it's just three fortyyyyy..." A sudden recollection made me trail off and I stylishly, through the corner of my eyes looked out through the window.

And it was dark.

Very dark.

Our wall clock had stopped working since it struck 3:42 two days ago and I kept forgetting to buy new batteries. I fumbled for my phone on the bed to see that it was just a few minutes to 9 pm.