43* Ashawo-ism 2.0

Hiiii, sorry for stalling once again. I guess we have to get used to this once-in-a-while update because I'm so occupied with work and other projects.

Some sort of X-rated content that was written by my assistant writer ahead so tread with caution.

DAVID

The walk back to Zik Hall was done in absolute silence.

Dunni must have sensed that something must have ticked me off during the conversation with Nadia Sulaiman because she kept quiet on our way back when she would have been chattering non-stop on a normal day. She stopped attempting to get our hands interlocked when I wasn't having any of it and she just stuck to walking by my sides wordlessly while stealing occasional glances at me as if to gauge and ascertain my mood.

And my mood? Pissed off was an understatement of the rage I was feeling. It was the kind of rage that was so overwhelming that it was completely uncontrollable.

The nerve of Nadia Sulaiman to blatantly accuse me of doing something like that right there in public, right there where people could hear her and make this into something that it wasn't.

When we woke up this morning to the news and video circulating about an unknown student getting beaten up till he lost consciousness, I didn't even think much of it, didn't even care about watching the video. And then, there was suddenly a published article about how Seyi had been doping constantly for over a month and that was how he was able to win.

When I read through the article, when I heard that it had been proven from a blood test that was run on him and a chunk of the supposed drug that was found in his locker and there was a sort of confirmation from Zik Boys that he was the one that was beaten up and there were varying degrees to the goriness of the beat up, I didn't even care about watching the video to confirm whatever they were saying, I was just too glad, extremely glad even that the universe had smiled on me and had given me another chance to compete.

The last time I felt as happy as I felt when I confirmed that I could compete wasn't even something I could remember. I was completely and irrationally happy that I would have probably started flying around the room if Dunni wasn't with me.

Then came the crumbling sense of shame. I've never liked Seyi and I don't give a fuck about what happens to him or otherwise but the fact that my first reaction was to be happy at his despair, at the total upending of his life as he knows it just because that same despair of his pushed me closer to achieving my lifelong dream and everything in between made me feel like I was slowly becoming something I did not recognize in the quest of me achieving what I've always wanted to achieve.

My mood changed then and it'd have probably worsened if Dunni wasn't around. She made it better, just like she always makes everything better.

We didn't talk much, it was just a morning of silence and cuddling and forehead kisses and just me basking in the etherealness that was Dunni's existence with her presence making me feel a kind of peace that I'd never thought possible.

Who'd have thought that just being with someone could make everything wrong fade into the very recess of your mind till you're filled with the thought and feelings of that person and that nothing else seemed to matter except that person?

But she just had to make all my poeticness disappear into thin air when she announced that we were hungry and she needed to cook. I tried to talk her out of that, tried to convince her to allow us to order food but she insisted on putting her great culinary skills to use.