45: The Beginning of Something

Hiiii. Hope you guys still remember this story?

And what was your reaction when you saw this update?

Sorry for ghosting and I hope you enjoy reading this update.

ALFRED

Interviewer: What's your future ambition?

Alfred: I don't think I have a future ambition, I just want to make enough money to be able to take care of my Mummy.

Interviewer: wow, not you sounding so excited when you mentioned your mummy. You must like her a lot.

Alfred: No, I don't like her, I love her so much. She's my favorite person.

Interviewer: That's really good, it's not every day that we get to see a boy child talk so openly about how much they love their parent. I hope the universe grants you your heart desires.

The universe doesn't give a shit about you.

I pushed the door open.

"Nouman, you won't believe that..." the words died in my throat when I entered the sitting room and my eyes met those of the girl I've not been able to stop thinking about since that day at the hospital.

Yeah, since that very first day at the hospital.

She had something, food stuffed in her mouth, and her eyes remained widened as the door shut behind me. She was sitting on one of the chairs in the sitting room with all sorts of chaos going on on her face.

I mean, she had everything on her face, all colors, contors, highlights, and everything. She looked like a series of make-up tutorials gone wrong.

And it was so difficult to keep my face straight when I could feel the corners of my lips already crinkling into a smile.

"Hi," I spoke up to get rid of the blooming laughter in my throat while she stared comically at me, "is Hussain at home?"

"No, he's not and good afternoon to you too," she replied before she looked away from me to the plasma screen where a drama that looked obviously Korean was showing. It was a classroom scene and a boy was slapping himself repeatedly, as if he was angry at himself for something.

I wasn't sure if that was what propelled me to enter the sitting room, the fact that I could relate to being that angry at yourself that you go overboard in hurting yourself because you can't believe that you allowed all that to happen to you.

Or if it was because even though I was trying so hard, I've not been able to get her out of my mind and I didn't want to stay away from her.

"You watch Korean dramas?" She asked just after I'd taken a seat on the farthest chair away from her and even though I wasn't paying attention to the screen again.

"Yes, I've watched Jumong, A Man Called God and City..."

"No, no no no no no," she held out her left hand to stop me, a huge amused smile plastered on her face, "don't complete that statement. You definitely don't watch Kdramas if those are the first dramas that you're mentioning."