4* The Food Chain I

Hey WattFam, I've had the busiest and most tiring week so I couldn't update yesterday 🙏

And today officially marks my 2nd anniversary on Wattpad!!! 💃💃💃 BTGOL is officially 2 years today!!! And it's making me so fulfilled and happy thinking of how much I've grown in just 2 years of writing on Wattpad, the reads, the votes, the comments, the dms, the reviews, the love, the followers, the hyping, the EVERYTHING!! It wouldn't have been possible without you guys ❤❤❤❤❤❤

I love you all ❤❤❤

P.S: I remember celebrating my first anniversary with three updates on Perfectly Imperfect but well, we can't even have double updates for BWBW.

NADIA

Expelled final year student of CSA and the only son of business mogul overdosed on meth and is currently in a critical condition at an undisclosed medical facility in...

My eyes blocked out the rest of the news headlines and I looked up at Blaine to see that self-righteous smile on his face.

He was finding this amusing! Ayo was lying in a hospital bed in a comatose state, fighting for his life and Blaine was smiling; a smile that's screaming I told you so.

I wanted to wipe that stupid smile off his face.

"So," Blaine started, drawing his words as if to prove a point, "Will he be able to get his priorities right now after he attempted to take his own life?"

"We can't be sure he attempted to take his life," Eniola started from the other side of the table, "The headline said he overdosed so..."

"Funny how he didn't overdose when he hasn't been expelled from school." Blaine interrupted her curtly but his eyes were still trained on me as if waiting for me to say something, anything.

"So because he overdosed after he got expelled from school, that means it was intentional; that it was an attempted suicide?"

Blaine looked briefly away from me to flash Eniola a smile, "Exactly."

"And you're so happy even though he's lying unconscious," I started and the smile on his face started to evaporate, "But I guess that doesn't matter. He might as well be dead and you still wouldn't care about that, the only thing you'll care about is the fact that you've supposedly proved a point."

"And you care?" He retorted and I shrugged.

"Well, at least, I know I can't be glad that someone is on the brink of death just because I was able to prove a point..."

"Please," Ariyike's voice interrupted me, "Can we please focus on the issue at hand? The students are out there, protesting because a student got expelled because of what our newspaper wrote. What do you think they'll do now that he attempted suicide seemingly because of this same thing?"

"It's their business whatever they decide to do."

"Oh come on Nadia," She screamed, exasperated, "This is matter of life and death we're talking about here and all these could have been avoided if you did not write that article."