43* Main Character Behavior

Jummah Mubarak✨❤️

NADIA

It was Tania's birthday and it seems all the plans that she has made for her 21st birthday had gone down the drain.

It was also a day after CSA announced their verdict on Seyi even though he was still in the hospital but they didn't want to delay it any further because their reputation was at stake.

So he was indefinitely suspended from school. That could mean he could be allowed to come back to school in the second semester or come back after but it could also mean an expulsion in disguise; he might not be allowed to come back forever.

I've not seen Tania since that other day she lashed out at me which was just three or four days ago but it seemed like centuries ago because I was so used to her being in my personal space and acting like a possessed human that she was.

Did I miss her? Yeah, tremendously. I could only hope that she was going to come around very soon.

I dropped a birthday message for her at exactly 12 am, like I've always done and even though it was now showing two blue ticks, there was no reply from her. I couldn't blame her though, she was angry at me for semi valid reasons if we look at it from her point of view but really how long could Tania stay angry at me for something as trite as this?

Maybe not as trite considering that Seyi got expelled directly because of what he did and indirectly because of something that I did.

And it was just completely ironic that our first major fallout in our years of friendship was because of a man.

I subconsciously knocked on the door of her room before pushing it open and it surprised me that I had subconsciously picked that habit up in just four days when we weren't communicating because on a normal day, I'd have just barged in.

There was no one in the room when I entered and they both had the sides of the room very clean, even Tania's bed which was notorious for being scattered and untidy was neatly laid and kempt as if she hasn't slept there in a couple of days.

I thought she has been avoiding me but maybe she hasn't actually been in the hostel.

I dropped her cake and birthday gift on her table before turning to leave and right before I got to the door, it flung open and Dunni stepped in.

She seemed as equally surprised as I was to see her because her lips parted in a small surprised O as she walked in fully but what actually surprised me was the boisterous smile on her face and how she greeted me cheerily.

"Hi Nadia."

I could only grumble in reply because I was utterly surprised that she was even greeting me at all, not to talk of greeting me this happily as if we are the best of friends.

I've not seen her since the article about David but judging from the ripple effects of the article that had almost been extreme and uncalled for, from how some students who still haven't realized why their parents were paying millions to send them to CSA were protesting at the track team that David shouldn't be allowed to participate in the competition in place of Seyi and that he should even be kicked out of the team altogether, to the hundreds of petitions that were being circulated online for this same cause, to the online bullying he was being subjected to, and the childish and high-school-like physical bullying he was being subjected to- I mean why would university students with functioning brains resort to dropping hate notes in front of his door and writing them on that same door.