33a* Recreating First Dates

Happy birthday to my absolute favorite naimah_adeola I love you so so much. Thank you for that push. This update is for you and coincidentally, the chapter is about your fav 😂❤

*DAVID*

Three years ago, I couldn't keep my eyes off her and probably my hands too if I wasn't reeking of nervousness and apprehension.

Unlike now that we were riding in a Uber, we came by the community bus then and Dunni was all rainbows and colors, dressed in a cloth that was as sinful as hell and putting lots of wild thoughts in my head.

And for more times than I could remember now, she had allowed her hand to linger beside mine, I knew I was supposed to hold her hands or something but God! I had been so nervous to even think straight and I was afraid I'd have gotten engulfed in flames if I should even brush my skin against hers.

Now wasn't any different.

I don't even think I've been able to keep my eyes off her since the ride started and that says a lot because we were more than an hour into a ride of roughly 1 hour, 30 minutes. She was pressed tightly beside me with zero distance between us so even if I tried not to look at her, I was going to fail miserably.

Not like I was attempting to try anyways.

"David," She called out and the idiot part of me was swooning at the fact that she just called my name.

"Hmm?"

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" I asked, genuinely confused and she moved even closer to me, turned her head sideways so her face was in my personal space and I couldn't even turn away, couldn't look away. She kept staring at me inquisitively with her eyelids batting repeatedly like a child's but my focus wasn't even on that anymore, my focus had shifted to her lips and every other thing faded to the recess of my mind.

Her lips were perfect, kissable, capable of driving any man nuts and I exhaled before I started to raise my hand to touch them, to feel them when I remembered we were in a car and we had an audience.

I relaxed more against the chair, putting a little distance between us and exhaling loudly. We've barely even started and I was already losing control.

Looks like I wasn't any different from the hormonal 18-year-old David.

"You're looking at me like I'm too pretty," She replied and I stared at her for a full minute before a chuckle escaped from my lips.

"I'm looking at you like that because you're too pretty."

She stilled for a moment, her smile freezing for a minute with her eyes widening with shock and it was a sight so beautiful that I wished I could take a picture of her.

She looked away from me hurriedly but not before I noticed her lips stretching into a smile and a faint reddish color spreading from her cheeks to her neck.

Wow.

"Wait," I moved closer so I'd see the face she was hell-bent on hiding from me, "Are you blushing because I said you're too pretty?"

"No," Her voice sounded like she was at the edge of bursting into a fit of giggles and she still wouldn't look at me.

Wow! was all my brain could think of as I stared at the blushing girl who was still hiding her face with my lips stretching into a smile of my own.