Chapter 6

It felt like time in this world stopped. Everything sinking into the ground by the second. I felt my heart thumping inside of my chest, my eyes starting to cloud and my breathing starting to shorten.

'Damn it. I'm literally screwed. I should of hid the wounds from the fight. Why is the necklace so important to them? Why wouldn't they just leave me the fuck alone?!' All my thoughts continued to jumble up, and I didn't even notice until someone grabbed me out of them.

"Don't play rough with me and answer the fucking question I asked you." Sapnap's voice was stern. I wasn't able to get out of this situation this time unless..

I turned by body around slowly, my eyes searching for a way out. A window or a ledge could even do. Sure..I'm not that scared of heights..but jumping off a ledge? That scared me out of my flats thinking about it.

"Don't even think about it-"

I shoved him as hard as I could and he stumbled back, his eyes widening. My feet hit the ballrooms ground as I ran back through the crowd of people, hoping I could loose him.

"DREAM! GEORGE! GO AFTER HER, SHE'S RUNNING AWAY!" He shouted angrily but was already far enough behind me. I didn't want to turn around. I knew that if I did I would tumble or even get caught.

I shoved multiple people around, not wanting to waste more time for saying sorries. I kept on running until I saw a door on the left side of the ballroom. I ran over to the door and banged it open, now seeing a hallway with multiple steel doors and a ledge. Guess I'll have to escape the scary way.

                                          ~

I looked behind me, now seeing that they caught up. Gosh did they look so angry.

"Please, just stop chasing after me! Why are you so intrigued about me! I'm just a commoner." I shouted out through ragged breaths.

"You have something you took that's ours. Plus..we are curious about how that smoke was created the first time we met you." Dream said calmly.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said under my breath. I knew exactly what they were talking about.

"You do. I can see it on your face, stop lying to us, you have no where to run. You might as well give up now." He smirked, coming closer with his two friends close by.

"Yeah? You think I'm gonna give up now? And what..face execution or some shit? Yeah..I don't think so dream." I said his name with a hint of disgust as my feet slowly went towards the edge of the castle.

I saw to the right of my peripheral vision, seeing it wasn't to big of a drop since hay was laid under the ledge.

'Now or never..'

"See ya losers." I snickered as I soluted with my right hand and jumped off the edge.

The impact wasn't that hard, but still hurt. I went back first and surprisingly the hay stopped the fall. Could've been worse.

I brushed the hay off of me, also very surprised that my flats stayed on through the fall..

I heard them shouting from up above as I scrambled to get away. They couldn't jump down from the ledge like I did. They don't have balls to do that. I huffed, exhausted already.

                                          ~

I started running back to town. My footsteps pounded the ground, the echo being heard throughout the night.

I couldn't lead them back to my house. I'd totally be screwed then.

My running slowed as I stopped to gather my self up. I still felt like dying but at least I wasn't inside the castle walls anymore. They surely wouldn't have followed this far..right?