Chapter 21

Y/N's POV:

The loud sudden commotion echoed off the walls of my room.

I jolted awake, the shriek sprawling out of my throat as I adjusted my eyes to look around. I was safe. In the castle. Safe..

This was the fourth time this week. I've been on bed-rest since the festival.. I wasn't allowed to go train or move around outside of the castle. I was stuck endlessly in here, only hearing the whispers and feeling the realistic nightmares I've been getting.

The nightmares have increased. I've gotten them every night and each time they've gotten more realistic, day by day.
They've almost felt like they were apart of my past..
But of course, how could that be true?

I've never remembered my past at all except bits and pieces of my father and my training..why would I be remembering it now?
After all, they must just be silly nightmares...

'I really don't want to go back to sleep now..'

"Maybe I should just get some fresh air.. everyone is asleep anyways. Not like they'll notice I'm gone from my room.." I mutter, groaning as I put my face in the palms of my hands, not wanting to get out of bed but not wanting to go back to sleep either.

I lift up the sheets, crumpling them in my hands before I pull them off and away from my body.

My eyes sweep around my room, giving one last look before I make my way towards the door, already out of bed.

I creak the door open, tip-toeing my way out.

Looking from my left to my right, I see that the sign is clear and start heading down the hallway.

I sigh, feeling like weight was lifted from my shoulders. Being in that bedroom has made me stressed out. The feeling of being trapped and trying to fend off the demons from the nightmares. Finally I'll be able to have a taste of fresh air after what feels like a century.

I try to look around for the garden, seeing as Emil once told me there was one and it would be nice to get some fresh air there.

Moving past multiple doors and dead ends, my eyes finally catch something out of my left peripheral vision.

I step through the stone-like archway door, seeing the garden.

'Finally I've found it..'

I start to wander around, seeing the different parts of the garden.

I inhale the night time breeze, the smell of lavender filling up my nose.

I reach down to touch some of the flowers in a little flower bed, the soft petals feeling silky on the tips of my fingers.

Tilting my head to the night sky, I catch sight of something else.

I spot a stone-like gazebo in the corner of the garden, bushes and small trees hiding it just a tad bit.

Vines, red and pink roses cover the pillars of the gazebo, giving it a majestic look.

If I didn't catch the sight of it, I wouldn't even have noticed it was there. It was almost too hidden.

My breath quickly hitches in my throat, seeing someone standing in the middle of the gazebo, their back turning away from me, looking out to a small pond.

My heart rate starts to increase, my heart pumping in my chest, realizing that if they saw who I was, I could get caught instantly.

They seem to have heard me creeping backwards towards the door because they turned around, catching my silhouette against one of garden walls.