Chapter 33

It had gotten darker outside as I looked out the castle's window, watching the sun set behind the clouds as the sky sprouted in its warm colors.

The time left for the day was ever so slowly draining away, and I knew I had to say some last goodbyes before I went on my way.

Getting everything gathered and put into my bag, I finally headed towards where I would leave from the castle.

I hadn't looked in front of me, being too in my head as I bump into someone. I immediately drop my bag as I gasp, and the person in front of me let out an 'eep' sound. I knew exactly who it was already and looked up to see their face.

"Emil.."

It was surprising to see her, and I didn't want to see her before I left again. I didn't want to because I knew it would hurt too much.

I watch her brown eyes dilate before grabbing me into a crushing hug.

"Y/n..you're back!" She whimpered, her arms wrapping around my waist as best as she could as my wings were in the way.

I couldn't speak up. I didn't have the words to tell her I wouldn't really be back, not for awhile.

I pull her tightly into my chest more, moving my left arm around her back as I caress her head with my right arm, dragging my fingers through her hair.

Her face turned to the side of my neck as she sniffled in, and my heart sunk.

She was crying because I had left so abruptly and yet I was doing it once again.

"Emil I need to go save Tommy." I told her as I looked into her eyes again, pulling her face into my hands as she looked right back at me.

"What? But you just got back! ...You'll come back this time right?" She exclaims with a stuffy voice, the one from crying.

I look to the side and she sniffled in again.

'Fuck..'

"If I make it out alive." I give her a soft sad smile and she instantly shoves me, pouting.

"Don't joke around y/n! Im serious.. I love you."

I give another look as I shake my head, moving my hand to her cheek. "I love you too but I need to go save Tommy. I finally know where to go and I need to do this."

I could tell my words processed through her brain and she understood as she gave a big sigh and a nod, understanding I had to this.

I move closer to her once more as I give her a quick peck on the top of her head as I then smile down at her.

"Tell Finley I'll miss them and I love them too, okay?" I ask her as I reach down to get my bag that fell out of my grasp earlier, looking up to her.

"I definitely will, stay safe. Please.." She gives a me a tiny smile, crinkles on either side of her cheeks.

"I'll try." I pull her into another hug as my words sink in and as I pull back she knew I had to go.

Without saying another word I walk away as we both crossed each other's paths, now leaving.

~

I secure my bag tightly on my shoulders as I make my way out of the castle, leaving. I take a final look back as all the thoughts and memories run through my mind of the place.

A voice makes me jump and I whip my head around to search where the voice came from.

"Were you really going to leave without saying goodbye?" Dream lowered his voice as he came up from behind me, looking at me through his worn-out mask.

I couldn't see the desperate look in his eyes, and although with everything that happened he just wanted me to stay with them.

"Yeah, I was." I reply back plainly, looking him up and down with narrowed eyes as I cross my arms.

Hearing Dream let out a troubled sigh made me realize how harsh I was being. We were all caught up in our own words and minds, but he still couldn't change my mind.

I look back up to him, right at his mask. His tensed up posture loosened up a bit and the words that came out of his mouth next surprised me.

"Just what can we do for you to forgive us. To forgive me?" He asked me, and I could tell he already knew my answer, yet it shocked me that he asked, like he was finally giving in.

"Let me go."

He wanted to beg for you to stay, but he knew what your choice was going to be in the end. So Dream finally put his selfish needs aside and let you go on, knowing this was the response you would give.

"Okay. But at least..let me go with you." He urged on, wanting for you to not go alone even though he knew you could take care of yourself. He just had to try one last time.

I shook my head as I shut my eyes. My fingers grasped around the handles of my bag, turning completely white.

"I'm the only one that should go to Tommy, there's no need to come with. You're someone that's needed to stay. I'm...not." I say with complete honesty as I opened my eyes to look at him for another time.

"I just had to ask, I know." Dream whispered as the words left his lips, stepping closer to me as he wrapped his arms around me, making sure not to hit my wings in the progress.

I wrapped my arms him too, and in the moment, this almost felt like an agreement to each other. An apology without words, and instead actions.

I knew I had to make the same joke with Emil with him to lighten up the mood, or at least try to.

I chuckled as I shut my eyes once more. "Maybe I'll meet you in our next life." I say to him with a small playful shove.

He chuckled right back but scoffed, looking down at me. "Don't say things like that."

He shook his head, not believing I said that in a moment like this. I still kept my mouth shut, not knowing what to say after.

He spoke up again as he continued to wrap me in his arms, keeping me close. "Promise me..you'll make it back alive."

I took a heavy breath in, knowing what I was going to have to end up saying. Even if I didn't think it was true or not, I had to say it. I needed him to believe.

"I..promise I'll come back. Trust me on this Dream, please." I begged him with my words, and he nodded, saying one last sentence.

"Promise..?"

"Promise." That one word left my lips as I hugged him one last time before I would go on my way, with my fingers crossed behind his back.

                                         ♥

So I know it's been months ahh-
But I graduated :}}
Happy summer if anyone has started their summer!!
wc: 1,207