Chapter 34

It was the promise I made to him that melted my heart the most. The promise of coming back in one piece when I had no idea what awaited me ahead.

But as my journey continues to find the stronghold which held the portal to save Tommy, I knew nothing else mattered until this very moment.

Looking to the compass I held in my right hand with the Eye of Ender dripping its slime in the other, both were leading me to the direction of a stronghold.

I had been walking for days, stopping every moment I could for a bite to eat or a nap to be had. I still wanted strength for what I was going to be dealing with, for what I knew there would be obstacles in the way of getting to Tommy and saving him.

With the sun hiding behind the clouds and slowly going away to hide with the moon coming out to play, something snaps within me and hits me like a ton of bricks.

I could have been flying this whole time instead of walking which would of saved me plenty of time..

I shake my head, scoffing to myself.

'Why didn't I think of this earlier?'

Putting the Eye of Ender I was handling in my left hand, I throw it back into my bag before zipping it back up. I stretch out my wings, looking to the side to see the both of them. Black like the dead of night and purple like amethyst crystals.

I move my shoulders back involuntarily which moves my wings back and forth, and I take the moment to sprint forward before jumping off the ground. I shut my eyes tight as I gasp, seeing myself get lifted off the ground and bolted up into the air.

Over the past few weeks I had gotten used to the weight and uncomfortable feeling on my back, which added to eventually knowing how to learn how to fly and become balanced.

I sigh, wobbling in the air just a bit but regaining my balance as my wings flap on instinct, like when your feet know how to walk without a single thought about it or move up the stairs.

Something I never knew I could do felt like I was so used to doing it, feeling like I had these wings my whole life.

With the feeling of getting used to being still in the air, I grasp the compass in my hand as I continue my journey to the unknown.

                                           ~

When my feet hit the ground made of stone, I look around with narrowed eyes and a torch in my right hand that replaced the compass, igniting my surroundings to see.

My diamond sword was held tightly in my left, the blade shining from the sharpness of it.

I had ended up finding the stronghold with the help of my Eye of Enders but the problem was the stronghold ended up being in a cave...filled with monsters.

It was no trouble for me, this wasn't my first rodeo to be dealt with and in enough time I was able to move through the cave pathways, finally reaching an iron door with a rusted copper knob.

It looked like it was almost off its hinges, not seeming to be touched or cared for in years. This stronghold must have been left for nothing, and I wondered if the portal inside of it was damaged.

I heave out a sigh, giving in and knocking off the knob of the iron door with the handle of my sword. It comes off with ease, clattering to the floor and breaking as the door creaks open.

I push it all the way open, hearing faint groans and hisses. Monsters still crept along the hallways of the stronghold and I knew I had to keep fighting.

As my sword slices through the flesh of zombies and the skeletons fade away from my arrows I spat back at them, my surroundings were finally clear and they were out of my way.

With a gulp and a nod to myself, I try to keep my fears on the down low. There was no time to get scared now when I was so close to Tommy. I could feel it.

With a slight flicker to my left, my mouth falls agape as I see sparks and particles flying towards my direction.

Eyebrows furrowed, I move towards the particles like I was in a trance, whispers beckoning me like they were calling out to me.

I felt like I couldn't snap out of it and I continue making my way until I stumble into a room covered in darkness.

I lift my torch up into the air, lighting up what ended up being the destination to my journey.

My eyes light up and I place the torch against the wall, lighting up the whole room.

In front of me laid the portal attached to stone pillars and stone blocks. I sigh, relieved I had finally found it after all this time.

I had faith again and I grin ear to ear, going towards it. I could see only one Eye of Ender laid there as it flickered around the portal, making it work just slightly but not to its full power. I take my chance to unzip my bag, taking out the others.

Holding the Eye of Enders in my hands, what comes next shocks me. With a spark, I have to narrow my eyes because of how bright it suddenly became.

The Eye of Enders began lifting up into the air, magically drifting over its way to the portal and fitting themselves right into it like puzzle pieces.

The puzzle had finally been completed and with a grumble and shake, the portal lights up with a hue of turquoise, black and white.

The feeling of knowing what awaited me with fear started to creep back up my spine and I shiver, shutting my eyes again.

'I have to do this..for Tommy.'

Securing my bag back on my shoulders I tighten my grasp so hard my knuckles whiten. I step forwards, reaching my hand out to the portal.

With a heavy breath, I push my hand through the portal, my body moving on its own and following my hand.

It was now or never.

                                            ♥

New chapter who this?
Starting college in like a couple of days but I'm still set on finishing this book :))
wc: 1082