Chapter 8

(This is your POV btw now)

I woke up in a jolt, my eyes adjusting to the piercing bright light above me. The room around me was unfamiliar, my brows furrowed together as I tried to understand where I was. All I know is that I woke up from a dream, what assumed to be part of my past.

I glanced around once more, my eyes now seeing the place more clearer than before. I was in a rusty jail cell with iron bars and dust particles flying everywhere. I stood up from what seemed to be a bed and started to examine the room.

I got to realize that I was underground. Most likely in a dungeon of some sort. Where they probably keep most of their prisoners..

I turned my head around, noticing a guard sleeping on a chair, other side of the jail cell.

I walked over to where the guard was and banged on the bars, clenching my fist; waking him up which grabbed his attention.

"Good. You're awake. I'll go grab the Kings." He said in a monotone voice and sauntered off, out of my view.

I huffed tiredly and went to sit back down on the squeaky, not made well, bed. My eyes grew droopy waiting for them, which seemed like forever.

                                        ~

"We got news that you have awoken." A close voice was heard from outside of the cell.

I nodded my head forcefully, not wanting to look in the direction of their eyes. Of course all three of them came down here to.. interrogate me.

"We just have some questions and then we'll decide your punishment."

I sighed annoyingly. "Just get it over with." I groaned as I bit my cheek to keep myself from lashing out at them.

"Wanting to get on with your execution eh?-" I heard Sapnap's voice as he then shouted at something.

"Shush, Sapnap."

"You didn't have to shove me George!" He whined as he stared daggers at George in frustration.

"Do you guys always act like children or is just around me?" I quirked an eyebrow, now looking at all three of them.

"Knock it off all three of you. This is already starting to get annoying.." Dream said as he stared directly at me through his mask.

I stared back at him, not backing down from this..somewhat starring contest that we were having.

"Okay. Good that were all on the same page now. First question. How did you create that smoke? Don't try and avoid it." Dream said with a stern voice.

I stayed silent. I myself knew what he was talking about. I found out how I did the smoke awhile back. I couldn't muster up the words to say it so i looked down to the ground.

"I asked you a question. I really don't want to force you." He spoke.

"I don't know. I said I didn't know before so why do you think me answering now is any different?" I lied as I looked back up to him with a angered face.

"Fine. Be that way." He turned around and walked away from the cell, sitting in the lopsided chair that the guard once sat in from earlier. He pushed his fingers through his hair, starting to then fidget with his fingers.

"Okay..since Dream probably won't ask the rest of the questions, I'll be a bit nicer and ask the rest." George spoke with a kind smile that rested on his face.

"Why did you steal from us in the first place? Particularly us."

I answered this one quickly. It was a simple answer.

"I needed money. You guys seemed like the people to steal from. If I'm being honest." I replied with a shrug.

I answered a few more questions before the questioning was over. Whispering was heard from Sapnap, him shoving George to get his attention. I saw them gather around Dream, most likely discussing my punishment.

'This is it. I'm going to be executed for stealing. Well..cursing out at the kings too but..I didn't even get to say goodbye to Karl and Alex yet..'

I walked back to the bed, sitting, burying my head in my hands.

Why was I sad? I wasn't scared of death particularly. Most of my life I've been alone. I've had to fight on my own, scavenge around for food. Find a decent home. If I happened to round up dead it wouldn't of mattered since I hadn't had anyone that I cared for. But now..I care for my new friends. Karl. Alex. I wanted to see them again. Leave this castle.

"We've made our decision. You get two choices. It's up to you whether or not you want to live." Dream spoke once again, his head titled in my direction as the other two stared right back at me, both having expressions on their faces that I couldn't read.

"What..are the choices?"

"You can either be executed or.." Dream paused his words, pursing his lips before speaking again, deciding whether to say the second option or not.

"Or what?" I questioned.

"Be a maid in our castle."

My eyes widened. "W-what? Hell no!" I shouted back at them, with my outburst they stepped back, off guard.

All I wanted to do was leave. But no. A maid? In their castle??

I turned away from them and covered both of my ears with my palms, blocking out their voices. I didn't like either of the choices they'd given me.

I scoffed. I couldn't clean if my life depended on it. Cleaning for a whole castle? This isn't some damsel in distress story who turns into a maid of some sort. I can fight. I know how to wield a sword.

It's almost like a light bulb went off in my head. Maybe I didn't have to be a maid. Maybe I could be something else.

"Fine. I'll take the second option." I spoke, having a trick up my sleeve as I glared at them, a small smirk on my face which to my surprise they couldn't see.

"Wait- really?" Sapnap spoke with an uncertainty in his voice.

"Not really. I want to be something different."

"What could you possibly want? It's either being a maid in our castle or face death."

"Look. I want to be a guard for your castle. I know how to fight. My father taught me how to. I know what I'll be doing. Just don't let me be a maid. For the love of XD-"

Someone I hadn't noticed before to my left outside of my cell interrupted me, breaking my rant. It was another guard.

"Women aren't supposed to fight." He barked as he grunted, turning his head to look away from me, the iron helmet hiding his face.

I stepped back from the cell a bit. I was shocked with a sort of disgust plastered on my face. Those words rolled off of his tongue so easily.

I decided to give him a piece of my mind. I smirked as I looked him up and down.

"Well who says I can't change that."

                                             ♥

A/N ~ Just realized that yes, it may sound crazy executing y/n just for stealing and such, but you'll understand later on in the story.
I also hope I didn't like offend anyone in this chapter when I put "this is not one of these damsel in distress stories" i just wanted to write this story as y/n being more tough and strong and wanting to become a guard or fight for the people she cares for instead of like becoming a maid? I hope someone understands what I'm saying.

Yeah..so sorry she/you isn't/aren't a maid and a guard instead. It'll just be fitting for the plot I have.
Anywaysss sorry for very long authors note. I did not intend for this to be so long- I hope you enjoyed (:
wc: 1,193