Chapter 19

"Y/n,"

"Y/n..?"

"Y/N. Time to wakey wakey!"

"WAH?"
I yell out loud, scrambling out of my bed and falling onto the floor immediately.

I groaned, knowing that I fell out of bed and hit the ground just a tad bit too hard.

"hnng, who's there?" I grog out, my voice still low and groggy from getting out of bed so suddenly.

"It's me Emil! I'm here to wake you up y/n." She giggled, standing a few feet away from me beside the opened up bedroom door.

"Oh..this early already?" I asked, my eyes droopy.

"It's actually late! The festival is just about to start!" She said, grinning excitedly.

"The festival is today?" I asked, questioning.

A few days had past since being alone with Dream and besides that it's been rather calm and nice. Until now..being reluctantly woken up.

"Yes! Did you forget? You seem to forget a lot of things sometimes." She giggles again and I reply to her by chuckling back.

"I guess I did, let me get dressed then and we can head out then."

"Okay!" She said, hearing her pitter pattered footsteps on the ground slowly echo away.

Still on the floor, I get up, placing my hand on the nearby bedside table for balance.

Now somewhat standing, I walk over to the window-sill to check the time outside. It seemed to be mid-afternoon which meant that I was indeed late.

Quickly moving over to my wardrobe I opened it up, it creaking from the movement.
Searching up and down with my eyes, I spotted some decent looking clothes I could wear to the festival.

Picking out what I wanted to wear, I started pacing around in the room, back and forth.

'I've never felt conscious about what I was wearing..why now? Is it because I'm going to be in front of lots of people like at the ball? Or for a different reason..?'

Frantically shaking my head, I stumbled over to the mirror beside the wardrobe on the squared table and looked at myself. My e/c eyes and h/c hair seemed to match the clothes I had picked out. Yet still, I was nervous for no reason.

Contemplating on thinking about if I should go or not, I shook my head and exhaled, completely forgetting that Emil had been waiting for me and that I was taking the world to get ready.

Opening up my bedroom door and walking out I caught Emil's attention, her eyes brightening up just from looking at me.

"You look amazing!"

My cheeks started to flush, feeling slightly embarrassed from her compliment.

"Thank you Emil." I nodded at her, letting her know that I acknowledged her comment and smiled.

She grinned back her usual cheery grin.

"Are you ready y/n? Time for the fun to begin!" She cheered, waving her hands.

"Hell yeah I am."

                                             ~

Way more people than I expected. The festival was crowded with loads of people. From rich to common. From creatures with magic's to humans. The festival seemed to go on for acres, so many different things to look at and enjoy.