Chapter 10

Today was going to be a good day. Training all day was going to be painful and tiring yes, but that's what I needed to get better at fighting. And that's I wanted.

I woke up early in the morning, pushing off my silky bed sheets from my chest as my feet stepped onto the ground, trying not to be too loud. I felt excitement rush through my body. I needed to get as ready as much as I could before it was time I head off down towards the courtyard.

I put on some brown pants, and slid on a grey tunic while I put on some leathered shoes. It was a common outfit, most of the new guards had them on, as they couldn't wear the guard uniform yet. The breeze from the window flew by, my hair getting caught in front of my face. I turned to look at the window, noticing voices from below. I strolled over, placing my hands on the edge, staring down to see people. 'I think I'm already late to guard training course..'

I sighed, looking over my outfit once more in my dirty mirror before heading out of the bedroom.

I quickly jogged down the hallways, careful of others. I felt a sudden impact in front of me, causing me to flail my arms.

"Woah, sorry y/n."

"I'm sorry, it's my fault. I'm just running late." My voice quickening. I looked to see it was Sapnap. He had his normal white bandana around his head but had regular clothing on. Usually he has his king attire on.

"Oh, the guard training course right? I wanted to wish you good luck." He spoke to me as he fist bumped by shoulder jokingly.

"Thank you Sapnap." I grinned at him before moving out of his way so I could continue my jog towards the courtyard.

He gave me a large grin back, showing some teeth that looked like little fangs.

"Wait- Sapnap." I spun around, grabbing his arm.

"What's up?" He arched an eyebrow, showing me that I got his attention.

"I wanted to know why you have warmed up to me so easily already. Just a few days ago you were pretty angry at me.." I trailed off, my voice becoming more quiet than how I usually spoke.

"I have my own reasons why." He winked as he chuckled.

I stared back at him, eyes squinted and my face neutral, wondering what those reasons were.
.
"Okay then..." I huffed. "Do you know when George or Dream will warm up to me?" I questioned, wanting to know if they ever will.

"I know personally that George will. He's nice and caring for his friends and his people. If you want to get close to him then you should talk to him more. He's not usually the type of person to go to a lot of meetings that we have. It's usually just Dream and I, as well as some of the personal members of the kingdom that join them. He usually is just off away on his own or sleeping through them." He laughs again as he puts his right hand behind his head, scratching his neck.

"As for Dream, I'm not sure. He's calm most of the time but other times he's more controlling, I guess. He's a great leader though, one of the main best that our kingdom has had in a long time. Besides going to the meetings, he usually is pretty busy and only talks to George and I. Takes awhile for him to warm up to people. So be patient, I'm sure you'll be okay." He says reassuringly.

"Well... Thanks again Sapnap, I'll see you after my training?" I hummed.

"Yep! Dinner with us?" He asked, doing finger guns. 'Don't know why he did that..'

"Of course." I smiled at him and waved, heading off to jog before I was even more late.

~