Blooming | Jimin

Jimin checks himself in his bike mirror before walking towards the familiar bench in the park

Jimin checks himself in his bike mirror before walking towards the familiar bench in the park. He settles down on it and hides the rose a little behind him so that she won't be able to see it. He can't contain his smile so he just grins wide and waits.

Byeol.

Byeol has always been a strong and independent girl. The first time Jimin saw her was when she was playing basketball with a bunch of guys. It was amusing to him. She didn't win the game but being to challenge a bunch of pro players is not something you would do unless you are what Jimin calls 'badass'. Later Jimin learned that she was actually playing one to five with them because they wouldn't let the girls practice and they said they would if they won a game. Byeol volunteered.

Their first interaction was at the food vending machine in the school. Jimin was devastated when the juice carton didn't come out and then he was startled when there was a loud thud on the machine and the carton slid down. "That's how you do it," Byeol said and walked away chewing her gum.

Jimin became close with her when they were part of the same dance team. Jimin really liked her as a person. He liked her attitude. Jimin was always strict with his practice and he always wanted to look good. Byeol is carefree and she doesn't mind mistakes. She says "it's natural Jimin. Humans make mistakes."

Was it then Jimin started falling for her? He never told her though. They were best friends in no time. Byeol is really cool to hangout with, spend time with, share your secrets with and just do anything in general.

Jimin still laughs when he thinks of the day she stole cigarettes from her father to try smoking. "I want to know why my father doesn't quit smoking." She threw a coughing fit after the first puff and never touched it again. She has always been a thought through and chill kind of person who doesn't really need opinions of others. She does it if she likes it.

So, Jimin was kind of worried when he got a call from her in the middle of the night after she had been acting strange for over a week. The first thing Jimin did was panic and then he was relieved when he was told to meet her in the park after special classes today.

"Of course, but is everything okay? It's like two in the morning," he says. There is a long silence followed by an audible breath.

"Well, I have something. I need to tell you. Please Jimin, come."

She didn't even have to use please. All she had to do was ask and Jimin would have ran to her at this very minute. He sleeps with anxiety waking him at intervals. Just what is she going to tell him? Probably she realised that she likes him. A big smile appears on his face and he rolls out of the bed landing on the carpet with a huge thud. He crawls back afraid he might wake up his family.

He is now patiently waiting at the park, a bit nervous and a bit "I don't know what I'm doing." If she doesn't tell him then he is gonna tell her and take this relationship to a new level. To get a girl like Byeol is what Jimin says as 'chef kiss'.

Jimin notices her familiar figure walking swiftly towards him. She settles down after smiling at him. He waits for her to adjust and pinches her cheek. "Why are you so nervous?" He tries to calm her down with his smile. She pushes her hair behind her ear and looks down. She exhales through her mouth and looks at him.

"There is something I've found recently. You must have noticed my odd and out of place behaviour in the past few days and I'm sorry for not being able to spend time with you. It's just the thing I found had sent me in a spiral hole and I couldn't think straight," she chuckles nervously.

"Hey, you know you can tell me anything right?" He bends forward to get a better look at her. She nods and smiles.

"I do Jimin. That's why I'm here," she brushes her hair back again. "So, I kind of you know," she breathes and leans back.

"Take your time," Jimin puts his hand on hers.

"I've recently found something about my sexuality," she closes her eyes and before could Jimin think of anything she blurts out. "I'm a lesbian Jimin. I'm into girls," she looks at him, worried and anxious. Jimin's heart drops. It slowly shattered into million pieces and bleeds to death. His mouth becomes dry and he wants to cry.

He loves her. But he can't expect her to do the same.

"I don't know Jimin. I was never so insecure of anything in my life," she plays with the hem of her skirt. Jimin comes to his senses, clutching the broken pieces of his love in his hand. She needs him.

"Hey! There is nothing to be insecure about. Just because you are into girls doesn't make you any less worthy. I'm pretty sure this might feel odd and confusing in the beginning but it's going to be okay. Trust me," he pulls her into a hug. Byeol melts in his embrace. It feels so light. Jimin has always been good with words. If comfort is a person, it's Jimin. When Byeol slowly realised that her sexual interests are not like a regular girl, she was worried. Jimin was the first person that came into her mind when she wanted to let it all out.

"Thank you Jimin, I think it will take some time for me to accept it. I haven't told my parents yet. I'm scared to even talk to them," she says. Tears right on her eye lining waiting to flow down her cheeks.

"I'll be there. I'll be by your side when you talk to them. Don't be scared," he rubs her back. Byeol smiles as tears wet her cheeks. She has never felt so loved and supported in her life. She was always glad for Jimin. A soft flower, caring heart like him is an angel in her life. But she doesn't know that he loves her, even if she does it's not something she can return.

"So, it's a celebration. Let's eat your favourite bingsu," he boops her nose.

"Jimin," she looks up. "'Thank you' is an understatement. You have no idea how much you mean to me. How much your words comfort me," she smiles. Jimin's heart aches so much that he feels like he is going to die. He pushes in the lump in his throat and smiles through pain.

"This soft side doesn't suit you, so let's just go," he pulls her up. "By the way this is for you," he flashes a rose at her. She gets surprised by the sudden gesture but accepts it with a smile. Jimin walks by her side, trying his best to make her smile.

And so makes a promise to himself that he would always, like always be her side when she needs him. He knows that eventually she will find someone she loves and leave. Until then he is going to be by her side and love her until he can't anymore.

And so he walks with a heavy heart, dragging his feet along her side, as he smiles, not a fake one though.

I know this is not smut but I've been meaning to write something like this for a while now

Leave likes and comments to encourage the author

Also you can donate on my Kofi if you like works to support me thank you ☺️. I also take commissions dm me ✨