Chapter 3: I'm Jealous of a Stupid Mannequin...

We show up at a building called Meritech Prosthetics. This must be where the eye was made.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked.

"I'm just going to ask if they can help us find the owner," Five said.

"Can I help you kids?"

We turned around to see a man. We walked up to him and Five held up the eye, "We need to know who this belongs to."

"Where did you get that?" the man asked.

"what do you care?" Five snapped.

"Five..." I whispered.

"We found it. At a playground actually. Must've just," he clicked his tongue, "popped out."

"We just want to return it to its rightful owner," I smiled.

"Oh, what thoughtful kids," the woman at the front desk said.

"Yeah, look up the name for us, will ya?" Five fake smiled.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you—" the man started but I interrupted him.

"We know what it means," I smiled.

"but I'll tell you what I can do," he said, "I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the rightful owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just-" he reaches out for the eye, but five moves his hand away.

"Yeah, you're not touching this eye," Five said.

"Now, you listen here young man-"

Five grabs is shirt collar and pulls him down to his level, "no, you listen to me asshole. I've come a long way for this. Been through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend. So, just give us the information we need and we'll be on our merry way. And if you call me "young man" one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall."

"Oh, dear," The woman said.

"Call security," the guy said.

She picks up the phone and I walk over and put my hand on Five's shoulder, "Five, let's go."

He looks over at me and sighs before he lets the man go.

Five walks away and I turn to back to them, "I'm so sorry about him. Have a good rest of your day."

Five and I go back to the academy. I sat on his bed as he paced around the room.

"So, what now?" I asked.

"We need Klaus," he said.

"Klaus?"

"Yeah, we need his crazy ass and I've got twenty bucks, so he'll do it."

"I'll go talk to him," I said.

"Make sure you mention the twenty bucks," he said.

I gave him a thumbs up and walked out.

I knocked on Klaus' door.

"Come in!" he called from inside.

I opened the door and walked in.

"Hello dear sister. What can I do for you?" He asked.

"Five and I need you to pretend to be our dad so we can get a name from this guy who works at Meritech Prosthetics," I said.

"Why would I help you guys?" he asked.

"We'll give you twenty bucks," I said.

"I'll do it," he said instantly.