Chapter 7: Why Klaus? Why?

Five's POV

Y/N looks at me, "What did happen to me?"

I looked down at my hands and sighed, "It took a long time and a lot of digging, but I finally found you."

"Digging?" Luther asked.

"The Academy fell during the apocalypse. I didn't know she went into a coma when I jumped," I said.

"So, I was in the academy when it collapsed?" Y/N asked.

I nodded, "It took hours. But I finally found you."

Flashback

After finding my family, I noticed that Y/N wasn't with them. So, I ran back to the collapsed academy.

"Y/N!?" I called out.

I dug through the rocks trying to find her. My hands are all cut up and bruised. But I'm not stopping until I find her.

After three hours of digging and I found one of her hands.

"Y/N."

I started pulling the rocks away from her until I could pull her out.

I held her lifeless body in my arms as I sobbed.

I never got to tell her that I loved her. The love of my life is dead. And I wasn't there to save her.

End of flashback

I started crying at the thought of seeing her lifeless body.

"I'm gonna go wait outside," Luther said as he wiped away some tears and walked out.

"Five..." Y/N says as she pulls me into a hug.

"I gave you all a proper burial," I said, "but I made sure yours was the nicest."

She continued rubbing my back.

"I visited the graves every month. I used to sleep by you whenever I was there."

"Well, I'm here now and I'm okay," she kissed my head and I held her tighter, "And we're going to stop the apocalypse so we can make up for the time we lost together."

I smiled and pulled out of the hug, "Come on. Let's go back to the academy."

"Okay," she said standing up.

I took her hand and we walked out.

Y/N's POV

Five and I walked up the stairs to see a trail of bloody footprints coming from the bathroom leading into Klaus's room.

We both looked at each other before walking into his room.

Five knocks on the open door, "you okay?"

"Oh, hey lovebirds," Klaus said as he put on his shirt.

My eyes widened.

"Huh?" Five asked.

"You haven't told him yet?" Klaus asked me.

Five looks over at me, "Told me what?"

"It's not important," I said.

"Bitch, please. You were supposed to tell him that you're in love with him. Remember?" Klaus said.

He did not just say that! I started panicking.

"You're in love with me?" Five asked.

"No. I'm not in love with you. But I do love you. You're my best friend," I said without thinking.