Chapter 41: Deals Off

Five didn't even come back to the room last night. Klaus kept telling me that he probably fell asleep or something, but I know it's because I yelled at him. We haven't fought since we were maybe ten years old.

The door opened and I looked up to see Five in brand new suit.

I thought I wasn't mad at him anymore, but him being in here right now infuriates me.

"Look what the tailor in the lobby made for me," He smiled as he fixed the sleeves.

"Nice," I fake smiled.

His smile faded, "Don't you like it?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it looks nice."

He sighed, "You're still upset."

I crossed my arms, "man, nothing gets past you."

"You're thinking into this way too much," he said.

I scoffed as I got off the bed and stood in front of him, "Oh am I? You want Lila's help and not mine.'

"Y/N, you have no idea how dangerous this will be," He said.

"And neither do you. You don't much more than I do."

His jaw tightened.

"And like I said yesterday, I was the one you came to. I've always been the one you came to! And now you're going to Lila? What does she have that I don't?" I yelled.

"She can actually help me!" He yelled.

I froze.

His face softened, "Y/N... I didn't mean it like that."

"How else could you have meant it?" I asked, "Just go."

He tried to take my hands, but I slapped them away, "Just fucking leave!"

He slightly nodded before turning and walking out the door.

I fell onto the bottom bunk and sighed.

***

"I'm sure it's nothing personal, Y/N," Diego said as he set some bottles down.

"But, he went to Lila instead of coming to me," I said.

"You know that when it comes to apocalypses, he doesn't necessarily think straight," He said, "Just give him some time. I'm sure he will come to you."

I sighed, "I guess you're right."

He nudged me, "Of course I am."

"Hey."

We turned to see Luther walking over to us.

"Yeah?," Diego said as he continued setting down the Molotov cocktails.

Luther cleared his throat, "This whole, uh, Viktor thing..."

"Yeah?" I asked

"Well, it's a pretty big deal right?"

"For him? Yes," I said.

Diego nodded, "Yeah, it's whatever."

"Well, should we say something? You know? I mean, make a formal gesture. Welcome him as our brother?" Luther asked.

"God no," Diego said as we walked down the stairs, "Just roll with it. Don't say anything, and don't be weird."

"Okay, but not saying anything feels right? I mean... shouldn't we, I don't know... mark the occasion somehow?"

We stopped walking and stared at him.

"You just want to throw a party," Diego said.

"Why do you hate tiny sandwiches?" Luther asked him.