Chapter 30: Wanted

"Guys! Guys! Here he comes!" Five yelled as he picked up Old Fives case and moved it over against the fence. I stood on it first and Five stood behind me.

"Look, there's dad," Luther pointed at a man with a black umbrella, "what do we do?"

I turned to see Diego running across the grassy knoll towards dad. I nudged Five and pointed over in Diego's direction.

"Uh-oh," Five said.

"Yeah," Luther said.

I nudged him and pointed at Diego.

"Oh, shit," Luther said once he saw him.

"Diego," Five groaned.

"Idiot," I mumbled as he tackled dad to the ground.

Wait, that's not dad...

Shots were fired. Kennedy is dead.

"No!" Diego yelled as Kennedy's car quickly drove away.

Five kissed my shoulder as I sighed.

We all met back at Elliott's. The news was playing on the TV's.

"The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald. Vanya Hargreeves. Wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Delay Plaza. A Cuban exile known only as Diego..."

"Cuban?" Diego asked.

"Who recently escaped from the Holbrook Sanitarium. A bare-knuckle boxier with suspected mafia ties who fights under the alias "King Kong." Allison Chestnut, a negro radical responsible for instigating and organizing the recent riots at Stadtler's Lunch Counter. And finally, Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader. The FBI is asking the public to be on the lookout for these unidentified teens. Who they believe is being held hostage by the suspected terrorist network..." The news reporter said as he held all our pictures up.

"Well, it's true. I do feel like I'm being held hostage most days," Five shrugged.

I lightly slapped his arm.

"God, I hate that photo," Diego complained about the picture they showed of him on TV.

"They're saying I instigated the riot? That's unbelievable," Allison complained.

"Look, the good news is that we restored the timeline and we stopped Doomsday. So—" Luther started, but was cut off by Diego.

"Yeah, a bunch of real Goddamn heroes. We let Kennedy die."

"Yeah, and now we're officially the most wanted people in the world," Allison said, "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. I mean it's only a matter of time before they hunt us down here."

"Well, where are we supposed to go?" Vanya asked.

"I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik. We could totally lay low there," Klaus said as he walked to the center of the room, "Folks there are a little weird, but lovely."

"Hey, Numbnuts," Five said causing Klaus to turn to look at us, "Hiding's not going to make a difference here. The commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go."

"He's right. They'll never stop," Diego said causing us to look at him.

"I'm sorry, since when are you an expert on the commission?" Five asked him.

"Since I got back from there," Diego said.

"What?" Five asked.

"Yeah, they headhunted me, offered me a job. Full time with benefits, which I had to turn down," Diego said.