Chapter 21: Y/N's Powers

Five's POV

The Swede got up and turned to me. I tried to spatial jump, but my powers aren't working.

"Oh, shit," I said right before he punched me.

Diego was fighting the other two Swedes down the hall while poor Y/N was freaking out.

Lila ran in and kicked her shoes off before jumping up and holds onto the chandelier while she wrapped her legs around the Swede.

Now I'm positive she's part of the Commission.

She pushed off the chandelier and knocked him over. I jumped up and pushed him through the window. I noticed dad standing outside. Shit.

I went over to Y/N and picked her up. I kissed her head before blinking outside.

"Are you okay to walk by yourself?" I asked her as I limped towards the parking lot.

She shook her head.

"Okay, I'll be back for you then," I said as I carefully set her down by the wall. I ran over to the front of the building and yelled, "Ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ!"

Dad turned around and looked at me for a second before getting in the car and driving away.

I sighed as Diego and Lila walked over. Diego was carrying Y/N.

"Was that him?" Diego asked.

"Yeah," I said, "You know, I'm starting to get the feeling dad's avoiding us."

"Hate to be the boring one, guys. But it's time we get the hell out of here," Lila said.

I scoffed, "When you say "we", who exactly are you referring to?"

"Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence," she said.

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from, but whatever it is, I'd advise you to return posthaste," I said.

"She's right, Five. We gotta get outta here," Diego said.

"I just saved your life, you kinder-shit," she snapped, "if I hadn't stepped in, all that would be left of you is a blazer and some bloody socks."

"And that's the problem," I said, "you're too good. You ask too many questions. You know too much. And you fight like you know what you're doing."

"he's gotta point," Diego said.

"So, I know how to handle myself, and that makes me the bad guy?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Whoever you are, you're in my way. If I see you again, I will kill you." I took Y/N from Diego and carried her over to the wall we climbed over to get here. I sat down with her on my lap, "Love, are you okay?"

She laid her head on my shoulder, "I'm not sure."

I sighed and pulled her closer to me, "I should've told you sooner."

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

"Remember at the diner when I told you that I needed to talk to you about your powers?" I asked.

"Yeah..." She said.

"Well, when I first arrived here on doomsday. Everyone was fighting in the war. Including you. Turns out, dad was wrong. You only have to touch someone to heal them. To hurt them, you don't have to. During the war, I saw you kill three people."

"What? How?" she asked.

"You stopped the first guy's heart, you made the second guy bleed out, and you closed the third guy's airway," I said.