Chapter 33: One Of Us

We all walked into the barn after hearing yelling. Sure enough Five and Lila was there.

"I never realized what she was up to at the time, but... now it all makes sense," Five said.

What the hell is going on?

"What?" Lila asked him.

"She never cared about your parents. She was looking for you," Five said.

"Why?" Lila asked.

"Cause you're one of us," Diego said as we all walked towards them, "The handler stole you, Lila. Just like our asshole father took all of us."

Lila shook her head, "No, it's not the same thing."

"You're right. Because he didn't have our parents murdered," Diego said as he got closer to her, "Listen to me Lila, you were born October 1, 1989. The same day as all of us."

"Stay back!" Lila yelled as she pointed her knife at us.

"Hey! Hey, stop! Wait," Diego yelled as we all surrounded her, "Hey! Lila? Lila, stop!"

"I trusted you!" She yelled at him, "I got you a job, I even introduced you to my mother and then you took off on me."

"Because I needed to save the world!" Diego yelled.

We, but okay.

"She's using you, Lila. The Handler," he said.

"You're wrong. She raised me. She loves me."

"Yeah, you know what?" Luther suddenly said causing us to look at him, "Love shouldn't hurt this much."

Lila gagged.

Classy.

"All right, I tried," Luther said.

"He's right. We have to kill her," Five said as he started towards her.

"Hey! Five! Five, stop. I got it," Diego said.

I grabbed Five's arm and pulled him back.

"Hey, Lila. Truth? She's dangerous. And you're scared of what she'll do with all that new power. That's why you dragged me to the commission. Because I know what it's like to love dangerous people. Difference is..." Diego looked at all of us, "they love me back."

"Shut up," Lila said as she held her knife up at him.

"The only thing she loves is power. The minute she can't use you, she will turn on you, and deep down, I know you know that."

She shook her head, "You don't know me Diego."

He walked closer to her, "Don't I? I know that we can be your family... if you just let us."

Lila looked at all of us with tears in her eyes. I gave her a small smile.

Third Person POV

The Handler walked in and shot everyone except for Lila. Y/N falls onto Five and their hands interlock.

The Handler lowers the gun, satisfied to see the Umbrella Academy dead.

"Diego, no!" Lila yelled as she crawled over to him.

The Handler walked over to her, "aww."

Lila looked up at her, "it's true what Five said, isn't it?"

"Darling, I need to know that we can get past this, be a happy family again. Hmm?" The Handler smiled.

Lila stood up and looked around at all the Hargreeves' bodies, "they're my real family."