Chapter 10: Dad Said What?

Diego parked the car and turned it off.

"I know this Jenkins dude has to have a record," Diego took his seatbelt off, "we gotta get out hands on this file."

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in and just ask for it?" Allison asked.

"I know the station like the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lot of time inside," he said.

"Handcuffed," Allison said.

"Whatever. Here's the plan," Diego started.

"Plan? I'm just gonna blink in and get the file," Five said.

"No, that's not... you don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?" Diego said.

"I literally just did this yesterday," Five said.

We all gave him a confused look.

"What?" Diego asked.

"My yesterday, not your yesterday," Five said, "it'll take two seconds."

"Listen to me. You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads," Diego said.

"Five, just let him go," I said, "You guys keep wasting time with all this arguing."

Five sighs, "Fine."

While Diego gets the file, Allison, Five, and I wait outside.

"Are you okay? You look a little pale," I told Five as Allison uses the payphone.

"I'm fine. Just tired," he said.

"Five—"

"Y/N, I'm fine. Seriously," he said.

"Okay," I said even though I know somethings wrong.

"Oh, when we get back to the academy, we have to redo our promise to each other," Five said.

"You planning on leaving me again?" I joked.

"Hell no. I just don't want to always worry that you'll slip into a coma if I leave the room," he said.

"Yeah, that's true," I said, "Wait, do you think that if I left, you would go into a coma?"

"Possibly, but let's not find out," he chuckled.

Diego walks over to us with the file in his hand.

"You're welcome," he held the file out.

Allison snatched it from him and flipped through it, "holy shit! Harold Jenkins is Leonard Peabody."

We all looked at each other before going back to the car and getting in.

We showed up at Leonard's house and got out of the car.

"Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of," Allison said.

I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, he didn't seem dangerous when I first saw him. Looked kinda scrawny," Diego said.

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murders. I mean look at him," Allison points at Five.

"Thanks," Five said.

"Good point. So, what does this guy want with Vanya?" Diego asked.

"I don't know. How about we ask him after we kill him?" Five said as we walked up the front steps.

"Five!" I yelled.

"What?" he asked.

"Woah, Woah. Hey, look. I'm gonna burst through—" Diego turns to see that Allison disappeared.