Promise

*Echo*

Surprisingly it didn't take long to push the kids out of the restaurant. It was closing time, and the animatronics have to sleep.. Well that's what the coworkers told the kids..

"How is that possible?" I asked a coworker who seem deadly sleepy.

"They are animatronics, they can't sleep! They turn off when the realize the people are gone..." I informed.

The coworker gave me a dirty look.. "Listening kid, I'm just doing my job."

He walked away while pulling a cigarette out of his pocket. I heard him call me a "Smart Ass" under his breath.

"Wow, people are really friendly huh?" I sarcastically ask my teddy bear..

I pulled him up to meet my face. His clean brown fluffy fur seemed to shine white under light..Thats when I noticed his button was gone! He had four little black buttons going down his chest, and one is messing!!

"Oh no!!" I cried "Teddy your going to die!!"

I started to spin around looking on the floor. My eyes scanning every inch of the room. Follow your footsteps echo!!

"Is this yours?" I looked up from the floor and saw Freddy again. He had my button between his fingers..

"Yes, may I have it back?" I asked him, while sticking my palm out..

He looked at me and then back at the button. He shouldn't be having to think about this! It's my button!!

"Do you know how to put the button back on your teddy bear?" He asked me..

"No.." I hated to admit that..

"I know someone who can!" He handed my button back to me and smiled." Go to the prize corner and a friend of mine can help you."

I firmly gripped the button, and looked at Freddy..

"I hope we can be friends!" He chuckled..

I just nodded my head and quickly walked pass him..I knew exactly where the prize corner was and I didn't hesitate to run towards it. I have to save Teddy!

I came to the entrance and view the Prize Corner.. I never been in this part of the restaurant, and I didn't feel comfortable.. It was completely dark and the dolls on the shelves seemed to stare at you. There was a huge white box in the corner of the room, that seemed to stand out..

Turn around...
My thoughts warned me..

My thoughts are usually right, so I started to turn around and headed back..

"Why couldn't I save them..."

I stopped in my tracks.. Was someone in here with me? It was silent for awhile, and I started to think it was my imagination till I started to hear a soft cry.

This cry effected me, it made my heart hurt. It was a cry of someone in pain..I can remember that type of cry..

"Why won't it go away?!" The man cried..

I looked around the room trying to figure out where the cries where coming from.. I looked around for a while till I realized it was coming from the box in the corner..

"Make it go away.." The man whispered.. His voice sounded like 10 other people where speaking with him, all the voices sounded different..

My curiosity got the best In me and I slowly started to walk to the box.. It seem that the closer I got to the box, the more the cries faded..

"Don't cry.." I whispered, as I laid my hand on top of the box. The crying completely stopped...

I slide my hand under the box lid and slowly pulled it up, and peek in the box..

It was a monster...I think... He was smiling. Monster don't smile I hope. I pretty sure he was hiding his face with a glass mask..

He looked at me, and I looked at him. He was quite beautiful.. "Why are you crying?" I asked the white masked monster..

He looked up at me, he had a wide permanent smile on his face, but he still had tears flowing out. It didn't make sense..why would someone smile when they are crying?

"I'm scared.." The masked monster said, with tears still falling out of his black eyes..

"May I ask what you are scared of?"

Suddenly he stood up, he towered over me to the point I had to lifted my head all the way up just to meet his eyes..

"The dark" he whispered, as if he didn't want anyone to hear him..

I smiled at him, "You don't have to be scared. I'm pretty sure no one is going to hurt you."

"It's not me who is going to get hurt.." He bended completely over in order to look at my face..

I slowly lifted up my arm and touched his mask.. It was glass!! It was smooth and seem it would break if you press to hard on it. I slide my fingers all over his face, avoiding his eyes and mouth.

"Why are you hiding you face?" I asked him.

He softly grabbed my wrist and looked me in the eyes.. He eyes had a never ending darkness in them.. He looked at me for a long time before saying something..

"I don't want to scare the children.." He whispered.."Don't I scare you?"

I nodded my head "No" I was too busy thinking of all the questions I was going to ask him..

"Why is you voice like that?" I asked..

"Child, You like questions, huh?" His voice seemed to lighten up..

I smiled at him "That's what my big brother Jeremy says"

He didn't seem upset anymore, he actually seemed happier..

"I like your company, child!" He tilted his head to the side "What do you call yourself?"

"Echo." I gladly said "May I ask for your name?"

He tilted his head back up straight, "I have no name.."

"Everyone has a name!" I was shocked to find out someone as beautiful as him didn't have a name..

"Unfortunately, I don't.."

"Well, I guess I shall name you!" I clapped my hands together and started to do some serious thinking..

"Why thank you.." The masked man seemed happier then before..

"I will keep thinking and by tomorrow I promise to have you a name." I held out my pinkie and expect a pinkie promise..

"What are you doing Echo?" He looked confused..

"It's a pinkie promise silly!!" I giggled.

I took his hand and connect his pinkie with mine. He only has four long slim fingers, his fingertips seem sharp and could stab though anything..

"That means I can't lie or take back my promise!" I explained to him..

"I understand.." He nodded his head back and fourth.."I will remember that."

I smiled at him, and had thoughts swimming in my head to find a name for him..

"Echo, come on time to go!!" My brother screamed in the other room..

"I have to go.. That's my brother and I can't keep him waiting.." I let go of his pinkie and frowned..

"Wait, please don't leave me alone in the dark!" He cried out..

It almost broke my heart to hear him cry out.. But I had to go!

"I'm sorry, I have to go! But I promise to be back tomorrow!!" I said while getting up and started to run towards my brothers voice..

"Thank you...Echo.." I heard him whisper.. "I shall see you tomorrow, just like you promised"

*************************
Sorry for spelling it's 1 in the morning and I have school😂😂
Don't forget to comment and tell me what you think! Thanks for reading ❤️