Nothing Will Hurt You

*Echo pov*

Being in the dark for so long, really gets to you. I was still laying against Marionette's chest, it was so quiet I could hear his heart beat. It was really slow and steady, that shocked me! At first I thought he was dying, but I knew that couldn't be it, I mean he was still breathing. Maybe he is sleeping and if that's the case I can try and leave, so I can return to the light!

Without out a second thought I tried to wriggle out of his arms. But they were so long that they wrapped around my tiny body, making escaping impossible. I tried and pushed myself off his chest, it seemed like the more I struggled the more his grip tighten. I tried for a long time till I made myself completely exhausted. But in all that struggle I managed to get my arm out.

I didn't hesitate to try and reach up to open the box, but my hand was immediately grabbed by another hand and gently pulled it back down.

"Stop moving." Marionette suddenly said, making me jump.

I did as he said and stopped, in fear he might get mad again. I laid my head back on his chest and gave up, I must admit I feel defeated.

"M-Marionette?" I called out.

"Yes?" His voices sounded sleepy, but yet so peaceful. It was kinda hard to believe he attacked Freddy and the others.

"I'm scared.." I whimpered out. In hopes he might let me go.

"Don't be scared, no one is going to hurt you when your with me." He replied, while rewrapping his arms around my once free arm.
I was really disappointed that he didn't suggest to let me go.

I couldn't move now. I felt trapped in the darkness. But I was very comfortable at the same time, the Marionette was actually really comfy. His heart beat was like a melody that could put me to sleep anytime of the day, but unfortunately I was just too scared of the dark to sleep.

"I'm scared of the dark.." I squeaked out, tears threatening to come out any second.

I buried my face back in his chest. I didn't want him to see me cry again, and see how weak I really am.

I waited for him to reply, but instead of hearing words, I felt his hand lay on the back of my head. He was trying to comfort me..

"Me too" he admitted. "But I promise you nothing from the dark will hurt you, not when I'm around."

"B-but I wanna leave now.." I said, my eyes starting to get warm from the water coming out of them.

"No, and don't ask again."

I stayed silent. He sounded mad, and his voices seemed to get louder. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, of course you could hear me struggle against my tears, my sniffles and hiccups fill the box.

Marionette started to rub my back and try to help me. I don't understand him. If he knows I'm upset, why won't he let me go? I thought friends didn't want to make each other stay in the dark and get scared.

I started to get sleepy. I tried to fight it off, but Marionette made that hard to do. He was completely comfortable and his heart was taking the sleepy effect on me and fast.

"Sleep it's okay, I'll protect you." He whispered. His voices now sounded soothing.

My last thought before I finally fell asleep while Marionette rubbing my back, was what kinda mistake did I make becoming friends with Marionette?