He is Not imaginary

*Echo*

When I got home, mom was making dinner and Jeremy was watching T.V. I guess your wondering why Jeremy still lives with his mom, because he is 21 years old..

Well..He used to have a house of his own and a better job! But something happen that changed all our lives for the worse...

*BACKFLASH*

I was at the doctors, because lately I have been going to sleep at random times, and running out of energy a lot faster then other kids. I still remember the cries my brother and mother made..

"Miss. Sarah, may I speak with you?" The doctor in the white coat asked my mom.. I remember him because he kept putting needles in my arm and asking me a lot of confusing questions.. Plus he look like a mad scientist to me. He always had blue gloves on and big glasses, with a touch of messy hair..

"Why yes you can." My mother said while putting me in my brothers arms.

She walked away with the doctor and closed the glass door behind her. I could see her behind the glass, but i couldn't hear a single word..

All I remember is the doctor saying something to my mom, and she threw her hands over her face. She looked like she was crying.. She started to shake her head "no" and cried harder when the doctor kept talking to her..

"Echo, stay right here." My brother told me while siting me on the floor and walking in the room with the doctor and mom..

The moment brother walked in the room, mom threw her arms around him and cried even harder. I haven't seen mom cry this hard ever since dad died..

But something happen, that I will always remember... My big brother started to cry as well.. That was the first time I have ever seen him cry. He didn't even cry when dad died!!

I walked up to the door and opened it. Their heads turned to me, and brothers tears seem to come out faster when he made eye contact with me..

"Why are you crying?" I asked him.

He didn't say anything to me, he just looked me in the eyes for along time.. It was odd, I have never seen brother act like this before..

"Big bro-" I was cut off when he all a sudden wrapped his arms around me and hug me tightly, like if I was going to fly away..

"What's wrong?" It seemed when I asked him that his cries worsen..

I don't know how long big Brother held me in his arms. It seemed like forever! His cries never did stop and I had a horrible headache..

"Sweetheart, you are extremely sick and your body isn't handling it well.." The doctor told me.

"What do you mean?" I gave him a confusing look. "Do I have the Flu again?"

The doctor frowned and looked at mom. Mom just responded by nodding her head, Like if it was okay to do something..

"Sweetie, you have disease that is killing you.." His words came out slow..I remember how my ears perked up hearing what he just said..

My mother started to cry louder and she looked like a complete mess. My brother tighten his grip around me, causing little air into my lungs. But that didn't bother me.. It seemed like for a moment I couldn't feel..couldn't breathe..couldn't talk...couldn't think..

"I can't lose you like dad.." Brother choked out.."This time I will watch over you, and make sure you safe.. always!!!" He teared up on last part..

"I promise.."

"END OF FLASH BACK*

After that brother moved in with mom, so he could help out with me. He got fired from his old job, because he was too busy taking care of me.. I feel bad, it's all my fault that brother's life is like this!! He is always miserable and doesn't act like his old self anymore..

"Come eat!" Mom yelled in the kitchen.

I grabbed Teddy, who still had his button gone and ran into the kitchen. But was stopped by two arms picking me up.

"No running." Brother smiled as he sat me down on the dinner table.

"Made spaghetti your favorite!" Mom pointed out to me, while putting the plant in front of me..

Brother didn't hesitate to dig in. I giggled, he was messier then me! He already had sauce all over his face..

"What's so funny?" He looked up and saw me smiling at him..

"Nothing!" I jumped, trying to hold back the laughter.

"Oh come on Jeremy! You eat like a pig!" My mother snapped, while handing him a napkin. "How are you going to get a lady, if you eat like that?!"

He took the napkin and Cleaned himself.. With a big smile on his face..

"So Echo, you meet any friends today?" Mom asked me, trying to make conversation..

"Yep!!" I said proudly.

My mom suddenly had a shock look on her face." Really?! What is their name?"

"He doesn't have a name." I said while taking a big fork full of spaghetti.

"He doesn't have a name?" She questioned..

"Yea, I told him I would name him when I got back to the restaurant!" I attempted to say with a mouth full of food..

"Well, what's he look like?" Brother butted in.

"Idk, he has a white glass mask over his face, but he always is smiling. I'm pretty sure his favorite color is black and he only has four long fingers." I looked at mom, who looked totally confused..

"So you have a imaginary friend!" Mom clapped her hands together suddenly..

"No, he is real." I informed her

"Darling, it's okay for kids you age to develop imaginary friends!" She smiled " Since you have such a hard time making friends you made yourself one!!"

I didn't feel like arguing... I mean at least she seems happy to know, I made a friend..

But one thing is for sure, he is not imaginary..

**£*************
Sorry for spelling and grammar!