Sing To Me

*Echo Pov*

Marionette long fingers wrapped around my arm, as he entered the Prize Corner. We walked back to the his box, he seemed to look unhappy. I could only guess it was because Night Time was coming. The first time I met Marionette he was crying because he was scared. I hate thinking about him having to be scared tonight..

"Something wrong?" I said with concern.

"The Night Is coming.." He shivered..

"Why are you so scared of the Night?" I asked out of pure curiosity..

"It's so quiet and lonely.." He said while stepping back in his box.

I felt sorry for him. Who knows how long he has been alone..

"Well, I could stay awhile longer, and try to put you to sleep!" I cheered.

Maybe if I help him he won't be so upset and down all the time. He won't have to be scared of the dark, because he will be sleeping!!

"How are you going to do that?" He asked with humor in his voices.

"I'll sing to you!" I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I would sing Mom and Jeremy asleep, they said my voice brings sweet dreams." I boosted

The Marionette looked at me with his famous smile. "It's because your heart is pure. You can probably put evil to sleep.."

I didn't understand what he was trying to say. I didn't want to look lost so I just smiled at him, like if I understood..

"Okay you get in your box and I shall sing to you." I clapped my hands in excitement.

The Marionette laid in his box and I closed it once he was fully in.. I laid on top of the box and took a deep breath.
I must admit, I'm quite nervous to sing in front of him.. It's going to be the first time I sang in front of someone who isn't family.. I closed my eyes and let my voice take over..

*Marionette Pov*

Her voice was absolutely beautiful. It sounded like 10 angels singing at once, I now know I will never get enough of her voice. I could listen to it all day..

The dark didn't bother me anymore, Echo's sweet singing chased all the dark away and left a angle.. I didn't feel scared anymore... I wanted to stay like this forever and have Echo to always sing to me..

My eyes got heavier and I suddenly felt relaxed, and before I knew it I was sleeping. And dreaming for the first time, in a long time... All because of Echo..